By Ijeoma Okigbo
Emmanuel Oyeleke of Lekki Archery Club became the classic men’s 30-meter singles champion in the men’s singles event at the National Archery Championship in Abuja.
Oyeleke who started archery in 2019 was excited about his victory.
“Coming from Lagos to win this event is a testament to the fact that hard work pays off.
“We didn’t have enough time to train in 2020 because of COVID-19. But I would have liked to have done more in terms of personal performance.
“However, I think what I’m able to do here is enough.
“The goal for me is the Olympics,” Oyeleke added.
Meanwhile, NPF’s Bernice Nwamodoh and Akatiki Haruna emerged first and second respectively in the women’s 15-meter barebow singles event.
Additionally, Team Police beat Team Arch Club in the 15-meter mixed doubles event to come out on top.
Mohammed Abdullahi, president of the NAF, urged the winners of the competition to continue training in order to improve their performance.
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that the immigration team, correctional service team, army team and air force also participated alongside the police team.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yed
- Afghanistan respects US troop withdrawal – Presidential Aid
- Stepping up vigilance as Africa deploys COVID-19 vaccines
- NOA to organize youth summit in Bauchi state
- IG dissolves surveillance units in Lagos, Port Harcourt
- NSF: Why I took Naija Ratels FC to Benin – Edeh
- FG will inject 5m cooking gas cylinders in 1 year
- Dear Presidents Museveni and Suluhu Hassan (by Vanessa Nakate and Landry Ninteretse)
- DPR refuses to revoke 32 refinery licenses
- WHO COVID-19 Online Briefing in Africa