Bishop David Oyedepo, the Founder of the Living Faith Church Worldwide, has advised Christians in Nigeria to be united at all times.
Oyedepo gave the advice at the funeral service of Rev. Isaac Oyebamiji, the Founder and General Overseer, Chapel of Mercy, on Friday in Jos.
According to Oyedepo, the progress and growth of the Nigerian society depends on the unity and love that Christians will have for one another.
He decried the challenges currently facing the nation saying they could be surmounted by the time Christians start speaking with one voice.
”It is high time Christians in Nigeria begin to speak with one voice; we must begin to love each other and even non Christians
”Today, Nigeria is going through a lot because we refused to unite, we have refused to learn to live together.
”So, the unity of Christians is very important for the growth and development of this country,” he said.
The cleric, who described the deceased as a ”true man of God”, called on other ministers of the gospel to emulate the lifestyle he had lived.
He advised family members of the deceased to hold on to the beautiful legacies he left behind for the greater good of the society.
Speaking, the wife of deceased, Pastor Olutoyin Oyebamiji, described her late husband as `honest and one who fears God’.
She said that she was happy that it was the Lord who took him to Himself, hence she strongly believed he was resting and in a better place.
She thanked all church leaders and those who stood by her and the family in their moment of grief and asked God to bless them all.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Oyebamiji, 64, died after a brief illness in the U.S.
He held a doctorate degree in Ministry, with emphasis on ”Leadership and Preaching” from the Asbury Theological Seminary, Kentucky, U.S.
He is survived by his wife, five children and many other relatives.
- NAF free medical outreach excites Kaduna residents
- Ooni urges Oyetola to rely on divine success for his second term
- Average price for 5kg cooking gas increases to N3,800.47- NBS
- Primary : Atiku visits Gombe, confident of PDP delegates’ support
- Ondo assembly passes 2022 OSOPADEC budget into law
- Okada ban: Lagos Govt. says June 1 deadline won’t stop enforcement
- Gov. Ugwuanyi sets up, operationalises 10 type-3 PHC centres in Enugu – ENS-PHCDA boss
- WHO urges increased surveillance as COVID-19 cases rise in Americas
- Mali’s withdrawal from G5 Sahel, Joint Force ‘a setback’ for the region
- FG committed to protecting Nigerians from harmful use of data- Pantami
- CAN, JNI pledge support as FG conducts headcount for teachers, pupils
- Delta traditional rulers to partner CSOs to deepen gains of MDGs
- I’ll complete airport, school projects before leaving office – Fayemi
- ASUU Strike: NANS protests in Ekiti
- British Council to establish Arts, Culture Academy in Nigeria
- Africities 2022 Summit: Backbone of the continent, intermediary cities absorb most of the urban population growth, according to a report co-led by the African Development Bank
- Lagos govt., Polaris Bank unveil N1bn fund to empower artisans
- Nigeria reiterates commitment to implementing GCM agreement in New York
- Okada ban: Lagos residents express divergent views
- Perm Sec. harps on need to revive lost cultural values, traditions
- Businessman arraigned for alleged importation of fake drug
- Enugu: No life lost, nobody injured in Emene incident – Police
- FCTA demolishes over 30 houses in Trademore Estate Lugbe, over flooding
- Salami Panel: Magu will still be prosecuted if indicted despite promotion – Minister
- African Energy Week (AEW) Releases First Video for its Energy Investment Drive
- Troops recover guns, ammunition from insurgents enclave in Imo – Army spokesman
- Couple charged with involuntary manslaughter of housemaid knows fate July 7
- FG, Netherland to intensify efforts at curbing environmental hazards in Nigeria
- Investigating Policy and Business Requisites to Boost Hydrocarbon Investment in Africa
- NGO canvasses for more awareness on laws against SGBV in grassroots
- Agroforestry, Land Use policy to address land degradation – Minister
- African Energy Week calls for nominations to its world-renowned African Energy Awards
- Managing internal boundary crisis key to sustainable development — Ondo deputy governor
- Digitalisation will make public service smarter, faster — Akeredolu
- 25 ships discharge petrol, other items at Lagos ports
- Smart Africa Digital Academy (SADA) Launches its National Digital Academy in Ghana
- Army boss calls for civil society involvement in tackling insecurity
- 10th Youth Development Webinar Program 2022 “Building Youth Resilience: Transition to Green Economy and Beyond”
- Buhari’s support gave me political glory – Bauchi governor
- ICT: NCC begins awareness creation on safety, security for girls
- WHO authorises China’s CanSinoBIO Covid-19 vaccine
- Court permits landlord to break open, change locks on tenant’s door
- Sanwo-Olu describes RANAO as vanguard association for national development
- Africa Hospitality Investment Forum (AHIF) Returns to Morocco
- Community leader, 2 others docked for alleged intimidation
- Zamfara APC holds mini delegates conference
- Indonesia lifts palm oil export ban after protests
- Three Professors Win 2022 Islamic Development Bank (IsDB) Prize for Impactful Achievement in Islamic Economics
- CSO to support implementation of $700m W/Bank water project in Nigeria
- Organisation reels out interventions to discourage irregular migration in Nigeria.