By Ikenna Uwadileke
Kalu in a statement issued on Friday in Abuja, described Nigerian workers as critical stakeholders in nation building.
The former governor of Abia acknowledged the contributions of workers to the social, economic and political development of the country.
Kalu, who applauded their perseverance, patriotism selflessness and dedication to service, called on workers to uphold and sustain best global practices in discharging their duties and responsibilities.
“I join workers across the country to celebrate Labour Day.
“Workers are the bedrock of any economy in view of their strategic importance in national development.
“In Nigeria, the labour force is made up of committed, productive, talented, patriotic and selfless individuals across all sectors of the economy.
“I acknowledge and celebrate the giant contributions of workers to the social, economic and political development of Nigeria.
“Workers have continually made sacrifices for Nigeria to grow and progress.
“For any economy to be self-sufficient, the welfare of workers must be a top priority in the policy thrust of government,’’ he said.
Kalu called on employers of labour in the public and private sectors to provide good working conditions for employees, adding that workers in every organisation should not be undermined.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3zlC
- Eid -el-Fitr: Gov. Ganduje frees 123 prison inmates
- Coronavirus – Malawi: Daily update of information on COVID-19 (May 13, 2021)
- World Bank to construct 13.16km Lagos farm roads
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 13, 2021)
- Eid el-fitri: Cleric preaches unity, tolerance to check ethnicity
- Cargo Airport project ‘ll increase economic fortunes of Anambra- ONICCIMA
- FIFA World Report: Give Every Talent a Chance
- Diaspora voting critical to effective participation in governance – council
- Visit Rwanda and RwandAir join the Basketball Africa League as official partners