BRAZZAVILLE, Congo (Republic of the), August 26, 2021/APO Group/ —
OPEC Secretary–General H.E. Mohammed Barkindo has lauded private-sector participation in Congo-Brazzaville’s oil and gas sector. Addressing industry leaders in Pointe Noir, Republic of the Congo on Wednesday, the Secretary-General expressed his appreciation to TotalEnergies, Eni and Perenco during a workshop on the last day of his historic visit to the country.
“I am very glad to hear that [these companies are] continuing to invest in this industry in Congo, to ensure that energy is made affordable and acceptable, not only for the people of Congo but for all oil markets.”
During the meeting, industry leaders were given the opportunity to present in-country operations and future developments. Nicolas Wawresky, General Director of TotalEnergies E&P Congo, spoke of the company’s endeavours to “fight production decline and to continue investing in the country to drill new wells and to look for new oil and gas reserves.”
Mirko Araldi, Operations Director of Eni Congo, emphasized the company’s focus on gas valorization and the energy transition. He also stated that E&P activities will continue to be seconded by investments into health and safety, as well as the environment, human rights, resilience and financial discipline.
Gael Piardet, Head of Operations of Perenco, spoke of the company’s desire to continue investing in the Congo. Perenco is one of the newest IOCs in the Congolese oil market and has exponentially increased the number of projects and activities in the country. Perenco plans in the next three years to install eight additional platforms and drill 40 wells. In addition, the company will build a 10km long pipeline to monetize gas flaring.
Gael Piardet underscored the company’s belief that a nation’s development comes from health and education and thus Perenco aims to aid local health clinics.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3BMt
- How seamless payment experiences make retail brands more valuable and relevant (By Gilbert Lungu)
- Binance To Host Its First Offline Event In Cameroon
- Coronavirus – Uganda: Tackle the misinformation about Covid-19 Vaccination in Acholi
- Nigerian Air Force’s Super Tucano jet destroy ISWAP armoury, training bases in Lake Chad
- Deputy Chief Maybury Supports the 16 Days Campaign and World AIDS Day on ELBC Radio
- Akeredolu won’t allow workers enjoy Christmas – Ondo PDP Alleges
- Bill to regulate administration of sports mooted
- Compact: African Development Bank and IFC Partner to Advance Economic Development in Lusophone African countries
- Lagos govt explains why Nigerian Army intervened during EndSARS protests
- N15 bn cocoa processing plant begins operation in Ondo
- Fighting against drought-induced hunger: FAO provides rural households in Somalia with cash livestock and agricultural support
- ABU, CBN develop national farmers’ database
- Nigerian Navy arrests 5 stowaways at Lagos anchorage
- Woodside Energy Confirms Participation at MSGBC Oil, Gas & Power 2021
- After media reports, Kano govt unseals chamber of lawyer who secures victory against Ganduje-led APC