By Dorcas Elusogbon
The Ooni made the appeal in a statement by Mr. Moses Olafare, the director of media and public affairs, on Sunday at his palace in Ile-Ife.
Oba Ogunwusi urged the Yoruba nation to support their “own Itsekiri people”, who were in the process of choosing a new traditional ruler, Olu of Warri.
Father Royal called on the Oodua people all over the world to find the lowest common factor that existed in their history, fear and common aspirations.
Ooni also noted that the unity of the Yoruba people will further strengthen peace and understanding in Nigeria.
The traditional ruler called on Yoruba across the country to pray and work together for its peace and harmony.
According to Ooni, the kingship of the House of Oduduwa is watching the events in Itsekiri land and will appreciate if the people can continue to honor and respect the limit of unity and common with the Yoruba people.
“The Itsekiri are part of the great Oduduwa family. We cherish this great story. We will do everything to defend and maintain it.
“We wish them peace and harmony in their quest for prosperity in their ancestral land.
“The Ooni are especially keen to see the durability of the blood relationship between the Itsekiri and the Yoruba, a relationship that has been tested and trusted throughout history.
“Generations of Yoruba and Itsekiri have a responsibility to support this important history,” he said.
Oba Ogunwusi also wished the Itsekiri people good luck during their general assembly, which will be held on Monday, April 5.
The Nigeria News Agency (NAN) recalled that the Olu of Warri, His Majesty, Ogiame Ikenwoli, joined his ancestors in December 2020.
The Ooni also urged Christians to use the celebration of Easter to seek love and affection as demonstrated by Jesus Christ, who sacrificed his life to save many souls.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yBw
- FG proposes 65 yrs retirement age for doctors, health workers
- Anambra 2021: Sen. Okadigbo drums support for APC’s Andy Uba
- Insecurity : We will not relent in fight against criminality – Police
- Manchester City win 2020/21 EPL title
- Osinbajo to represent Nigeria at Ugandan presidential inauguration
- Osinbajo lauds SecureID for pioneering smart card manufacturing in Nigeria
- NDLEA confirms attack on its Ohafia office in Abia
- Tension in Edo PDP over dissolution of State, LGA party executives
- Sultan declares Thursday as 1st day of Shawwal