The Inspector General of Police (I-G), Mr Mohammed Adamu, has deployed the Deputy Inspector General (DIG) of Police in charge of Research and Planning, Mr Adeleye Oyabade, to coordinate security for the Ondo State governorship election.
Mba said the CPs deployed to handle other layers of security in the State are Abiodun Alabi, Bishi Omololu, Ashafa Kunle, Akeera Yonous, Buba Sanusi, Audu Madaki, Evelyn Peterside, Sadiku Gbenga and Abutu Yaro.
According to him, CP Garba Umar will be in charge of Monitoring/Evaluation and will be assisted by CP Habu Sani.
He said the deployment was part of efforts by the police to ensure effective coordination and full implementation of security arrangements toward a peaceful election in the state on Oct. 10.
He said the I-G had warned that no Security Aides would be allowed to accompany VIPs or political appointees on the Election Day, adding that severe punishments would be meted out on violators of the order.
Mba said the I-G called officers and men of the Force as well as personnel of other security agencies deployed for the election to conduct themselves professionally.
He said that the I-G had also urged the security personnel to work in line with best practices as highlighted in the Code of Conduct and Rules of Engagement for Elections.
Mba said the I-G enjoined the public, especially politicians and their supporters to cooperate with the Police and other security agencies in the national assignment.
Edited By: Ismail Abdulaziz
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3uWx
- LASG to partner German firm on agribusiness
- Kano Govt to inaugurate waste recycling project, create 4,000 jobs –official
- FG delegation to visit Ghana over Nigerian/Ghanaian traders’ conflict
- NGX opens week upbeat with N59bn growth
- Kwara launches interest-free loans for young entrepreneurs
- Only FG can guarantee financial autonomy for judiciary, says SAN
- FG declares Wednesday, Thursday, as Public Holidays to mark Eid-eI-Fitr celebration
- Army debunks alleged deployment of only Northern officers to S/East
- Buhari congratulates designer of National Flag, Michael Akinkunmi at 85