By Segun Giwa
“I assure you girls the Ondo State government is behind you. Go ahead and give it your all. For every goal you score you get N50,000, ”he says.
The Nigeria News Agency (NAN) reports that the team are currently in Super Six vying for one of two available tickets to the CAF Women’s Champions League.
In response, the team’s head coach Wemimo Mathew, assured the deputy governor that the Sunshine Queens players were in good spirits and ready for the competition.
“They will do their best to ensure that the state team participate in the inaugural CAF Women’s Champions League,” said the coach.
NAN reports that the Super Six is a competition for the top six teams in the 2020/2021 NWFL Premiership after the league’s abrupt end.
The competition was introduced to determine the two teams that would represent the country in the inaugural CAF Women’s Champions League.
Sunshine Queens started their campaign against Bayelsa Queens in the main bowl at Dipo Dina Stadium in Ijebu Ode. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yY4
- Eid -el-Fitr: Gov. Ganduje frees 123 prison inmates
- Coronavirus – Malawi: Daily update of information on COVID-19 (May 13, 2021)
- World Bank to construct 13.16km Lagos farm roads
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 13, 2021)
- Eid el-fitri: Cleric preaches unity, tolerance to check ethnicity
- Cargo Airport project ‘ll increase economic fortunes of Anambra- ONICCIMA
- FIFA World Report: Give Every Talent a Chance
- Diaspora voting critical to effective participation in governance – council
- Visit Rwanda and RwandAir join the Basketball Africa League as official partners