Ondo assembly passes 2022 OSOPADEC budget into law
NNN: Ondo State House of Assembly on Thursday passed into law the 2022 estimate of the Ondo State Oil Producing Areas Development Commission (OSOPADEC) put at N11.4 billion
This followed submission and consideration of the joint report of the House Committees on Finance and Appropriation as well as OSOPADEC at plenary.
The Chairman, House Committee on Finance and Appropriation, Mr Sunday Olajide explained that the proposal for personnel cost was increased from N1.3 billion to N1.5 billion, while project development rose from N5 billion to N6 billion.
He recommeded that all ongoing projects should get the needed attention with a view to ensuring their quick completion.
The Majority Leader, Oluwole Ogunmolasuyi moved the motion for the bill to be passed into law and it was seconded by the Deputy Speaker, Mr Samuel Aderoboye.
The Speaker, Mr Bamidele Oleyelogun ruled for the bill to be passed into law after the lawmakers gave their nods through voice vote.
Oleyelogun charged OSOPADEC to ensure proper distribution of funds in the estimate for the benefit of the people in the mandate area.
Also the house cleared outstanding issues and queries raised in the 2015 to 2018 report of the state Auditor-General after the submission and consideration of reports of the House Committee on Public Account.
Earlier, the Chairman of the committee, Mr Festus Adefiranye said the affected accounting officers were not on top of their jobs and failed to put in place proper record keeping system in their various establishments.
Adefiranye said that the documents they provided had justified the actions of the Auditor- Account Committee, (PAC).
He said that if they had made them available to the Auditor-General’s office on time, there would have been no reason for the queries.
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman
- Breaking: Sporadic gunshots, bomb blast heard near Kuje Prison
- Gunmen kill police inspector, abduct Chinese national in Kwara
- Gender-based, income inequalities fuelling teen pregnancies in developing countries – UNFPA
- My removal did not follow due process, says Sacked Abia LG boss
- NADCEL: Army Chief, Yahaya, bags chieftaincy title in Imo
- Don calls for inter-agency collaboration to tackle insecurity
- PVCs: Group sensitises FCT women
- Army inaugurates classroom blocks, science laboratory in Imo
- Naira falls again to dollar at Investors, Exporters window
- COVID-19 vaccine trains immune system to create antibodies, says NPHCDA Boss