By Segun Giwa
Olympic-born wrestler Odunayo Adekuoroye won a gold medal in the 57kg category of the wrestling event at the current National Sports Festival (NSF).
In his fight, Adekuoroye marked his authority on the game as world number two by beating Jumoke Adesoye of Kano State 10-0.
Princess Bankole also joined Adekuoroye on the medal table, who won a bronze medal for Ondo State in the 50kg category of the wrestling event.
Isaac John of Ondo State beat his opponent in the 74kg men’s event to win a silver medal
Also in other sports, Joy Usenbor clocked 54.00 seconds in the women’s 400m track and field final to secure a bronze medal for Ondo State.
In the men’s table tennis event, the Ondo State team beat their Lagos counterparts 3-0 to advance to the final of the event.
Additionally, Kemi Aliu qualified for the heavyweight division final in the women’s boxing event. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yKB
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel