Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta has congratulated Mr Victor Ochei on his appointment as Executive Director, Maritime Labour and Cabotage Services, at Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA).
The governor in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Olisa Ifeajika, in Asaba said that Ochei’s appointment was well-deserved and urged him to use his good office to attract development to Delta.
He noted that Ochei, a former Speaker of Delta House of Assembly, was recently inaugurated into the NIMASA board following the re-organisation in the agency’s top hierarchy.
The governor particularly charged him to consider Warri Port and other sea ports in Delta which had been roundly neglected and therefore made very inactive.
He said that Ochei should ensure that the ports were revived, adding that he should also make the protracting issue of dredging of the approach to Warri Port his utmost concern.
Okowa said that Ochei, an engineer, lawyer and businessman, was ably qualified for the position considering his years of service to the state and country.
” As a Speaker, Ochei was brilliant, vibrant and exceptional as he carried his office with finesse and contributed immensely to the development of infrastructure at the State Assembly complex.
“On behalf of the government and people of Delta, we thank President Muhammadu Buhari for appointing our illustrious son, Engr. Victor Ochei, as Executive Director, Maritime Labour and Cabotage Services in Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA).
“At the House of Assembly, Ochei related very well with his colleagues and I have no doubt that he will bring his wealth of experience garnered over the years to turn things around in NIMASA.
“I therefore urge him to remain a good ambassador of Delta as he is expected to use his good office to attract further development to our people,” he said. .
Edited By: Mufutau Ojo)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-34l7
- Only FG can guarantee financial autonomy for judiciary, says SAN
- FG declares Wednesday, Thursday, as Public Holidays to mark Eid-eI-Fitr celebration
- Army debunks alleged deployment of only Northern officers to S/East
- Buhari congratulates designer of National Flag, Michael Akinkunmi at 85
- INEC increases polling units in Anambra to 5,720
- U17 World cup winner, Nwakali may switch allegiance, says Agent
- Farming, skill acquisition, solutions to security challenges- ex-NCPC boss
- Malami donates car, 24 motorbikes to Ulamas
- Norway may ditch AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson jabs