Gov. Ifeanyi Okowa of Delta has congratulated Mr Victor Ochei on his appointment as Executive Director, Maritime Labour and Cabotage Services, at Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA).
The governor in a statement signed by his Chief Press Secretary, Mr Olisa Ifeajika, in Asaba said that Ochei’s appointment was well-deserved and urged him to use his good office to attract development to Delta.
He noted that Ochei, a former Speaker of Delta House of Assembly, was recently inaugurated into the NIMASA board following the re-organisation in the agency’s top hierarchy.
The governor particularly charged him to consider Warri Port and other sea ports in Delta which had been roundly neglected and therefore made very inactive.
He said that Ochei should ensure that the ports were revived, adding that he should also make the protracting issue of dredging of the approach to Warri Port his utmost concern.
Okowa said that Ochei, an engineer, lawyer and businessman, was ably qualified for the position considering his years of service to the state and country.
” As a Speaker, Ochei was brilliant, vibrant and exceptional as he carried his office with finesse and contributed immensely to the development of infrastructure at the State Assembly complex.
“On behalf of the government and people of Delta, we thank President Muhammadu Buhari for appointing our illustrious son, Engr. Victor Ochei, as Executive Director, Maritime Labour and Cabotage Services in Nigeria Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA).
“At the House of Assembly, Ochei related very well with his colleagues and I have no doubt that he will bring his wealth of experience garnered over the years to turn things around in NIMASA.
“I therefore urge him to remain a good ambassador of Delta as he is expected to use his good office to attract further development to our people,” he said. .
Edited By: Mufutau Ojo)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-34l7
- Coronavirus – Gambia: COVID-19 update (April 21, 2021)
- Revocation: DPR inaugurates a committee for the official handover of Addax assets
- Police deploy 1,000 people to control traffic thefts in Lagos
- How we have spent the COVID-19 funds so far – FG
- Coronavirus – South Africa: COVID-19 update (April 21, 2021)
- Buhari greets 85-year-old Emir of Gwandu
- Coronavirus – Namibia: COVID-19 update (April 21, 2021)
- The Impact of Transfer Pricing: The Senegalese Branch and the Foreign Head Office (By Centurion Tax and Investment Desk)
- 19 African First Ladies to attend the Merck Foundation Annual Online Conference on April 27, 2021