Okowa is an asset to Nigerians – Atiku
NNN: The 2023 Presidential Candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar has described OKowa as an asset to all Nigerians.
Abubakar in his message to Nigerians on Sunday in Abuja said that the office of the president in particular required that the holder of that office to have clarity of the mind on decision-making.
Abubakar said that the decision of making a running mate and how it was made in countries that have acquired more experiences in democratic acculturation, provided a window of assessing their preparedness for the job that potentially waits ahead of them.
He said that in meeting up with the expectation, and more importantly to ensure that he make a pick of a running mate that Nigerians shall be proud of, it became necessary for him to be introspective about his choice.
“The Governor of Delta State, Okowa and I share a lot of personality attributes in common. He is a fine gentleman, but tenacious.
“His experience as a senator will come in handy in some of the legislative reforms that are urgently needed to reformat our governmental processes.
“Okowa and I are incurable optimists in the future of Nigeria and the promises it holds as one united, peaceful and prosperous country.
“Having him on the ticket brings a lot of asset to our campaign,” Abubakar said.
He said in the months ahead to the general election, him and Okowa together with other leaders of PDP and Nigerians would work very hard to ensure convincing victory for PDP.
“A victory for the PDP in the general election is a victory for Nigeria. When we win, Nigeria wins.
“The stakes in the election are very high, and it gives me tremendous joy that I can count on your support to win the election and get to work in earnest.”
- Bankrupt Sri Lanka asks Putin for fuel, tourists
- 2023: CSO tasks INEC on improved stakeholders’ enlightenment, mobilisation
- Kuje custodial attack: NSCDC describes slain personnel as a gallant officer
- Federal lawmaker congratulates Olowo of Owo in Ondo State at 56
- Delta Assembly passes Development, Property Authority Bill
- Kaduna govt. inaugurates committee for policy on private school operations
- Stakeholders call for increase in death notification
- Estate agent faces N3.4m land scam charge
- Kano traffic agency deploys 1,500 personnel for Eid-el-Kabir
- WHO to reconvene monkeypox emergency committee
- Seadogs lifts Nasarawa community with portable water
- 467 police constables graduate from Police College, Ilorin
- Police pass out 9,989 Constables from training schools
- New Islamic Development Bank Institute (IsDBI) Book Enriches Knowledge on Fatāwa Related to Leasing Contracts
- Man, 40, faces N1.7m visa scam charge
- Eid-el Kabir: We’re badly affected by economic downturn, ram sellers, buyers cry out
- Cuba Consortium signs agreement to establish vaccines manufacturing plant in Bayelsa
- Acting VC tasks Deans on soft, developmental skills
- Teenager in court for alleged shop breaking
- The Chairperson of the African Union Commission calls for tolerance and peaceful co-existence in Western Ethiopia