National League side, Ogbomoso United FC has been thrown into mourning with one of its players, Rasaq Adetayo confirmed dead early on Tuesday.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Adetayo, 24, a former Crown FC Feeder player died after a brief illness.
The Media Officer of Ogbomoso United FC, Stephen Adetunji, who confirmed the death of the player, described the development as unfortunate.
“With deep sorrow in our hearts, we announce the passing of one of our players, Rasaq Adetayo, popularly called ‘Aro.’
“He passed away in the early hour of this morning. Rasaq, previously played for Young Stars, White Stars and Crown FC Feeder Club before joining Ogbomoso United FC.
“He died after a brief illness. May almighty Allah comfort the family and the entire football community.
“It’s a sad day for Ogbomoso United,” he added.
Edited By: Silas Nwoha
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3x1o
- Ghana denies Akufo-Addo’s alleged conviction against Nigeria
- Tragic death of Bello Africa’s best para-badminton player – Kwara gov.
- Presidency condemns smear campaign against Minister of Communication Pantami
- Ramadan: Governor Lalong and Onaiyekan call for peace and religious tolerance
- Zamfara’s killing of innocent people by bandits is unacceptable – Buhari
- FG reaffirms its commitment to finance the schools of the unit
- ACCI entrusts the private sector with piloting the agro-industrial zones
- COVID-19: 16.6 million African children miss doses of measles vaccine – WHO
- FG reiterates its commitment to the industrial property legislature