National League side, Ogbomoso United FC has been thrown into mourning with one of its players, Rasaq Adetayo confirmed dead early on Tuesday.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that Adetayo, 24, a former Crown FC Feeder player died after a brief illness.
The Media Officer of Ogbomoso United FC, Stephen Adetunji, who confirmed the death of the player, described the development as unfortunate.
“With deep sorrow in our hearts, we announce the passing of one of our players, Rasaq Adetayo, popularly called ‘Aro.’
“He passed away in the early hour of this morning. Rasaq, previously played for Young Stars, White Stars and Crown FC Feeder Club before joining Ogbomoso United FC.
“He died after a brief illness. May almighty Allah comfort the family and the entire football community.
“It’s a sad day for Ogbomoso United,” he added.
Edited By: Silas Nwoha
- Equatorial Guinea leads regional gas monetization through Alen Backfill project
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: Community informants use mobile data collection tools to strengthen COVID-19 surveillance
- Central African Republic ‘highly unstable’ despite significant progress – UN peacekeeping chief
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (February 24, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 update (February 24, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Malawi: COVID-19 update (February 24, 2021)
- FIFA President’s African visits continue
- Coronavirus – South Africa: COVID-19 update (February 24, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (February 24, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 update (February 24, 2021)