By EricJames Ochigbo
The Kogi government has called social media reports alleging that the governor’s wife, Rashida Bello, has left the seat of government as “malicious”.
Onogwu Muhammed, the governor’s chief press secretary, said in a statement Monday that the allegation was without merit.
Mohammed, who described the post as just a piece of playful antics brought to life by idle, disgruntled and unwanted elements, said the governor was in full control of his house.
“Our attention was drawn to an online publication titled ‘Problems in Kogi State as First Lady Rashida Bello Reportedly Leaves Government Seat”.
“For lack of a formidable distraction tool, the online media which fights hard for trafficking has come out with a concocted lie alleging a crack in the house of Governor Yahaya Bello.
“This publication, full of lies and twisted errors, explained how the First Lady, Hajia Rashida Bello, left Government House in what the merchants of mischief described as a revolt against the governor.
“This reaction is not a reverence for the amorphous community, but a call to the general public not to regard malicious fabrication as a fabric of lies,” he said.
He said, “Bello has full control of his house, in the same way that he holds the business of state firmly.”
Mohammed said that rather than resorting to such satanic antics, the medium and the sponsors should have taken charge of the governor’s development agenda.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yDf
- AWF and Best Nature Photography announce call for nominations for Benjamin Mkapa African Wildlife Photography Awards
- Minister apologizes to Nigerians for power outages
- British Queen enters debate over Philip’s funeral outfits
- Police deploy 17,500 for LG Rivers election
- Russia, Ukraine hold military exercises, NATO responds
- FG reacts to location of Twitter’s African headquarters in Ghana
- German Constitutional Court drops controversial Berlin rent ceiling
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (April 14, 2021)
- Buhari saddened by killing of soldiers in Bénoué, says Magashi