By Jessica Onyegbula
The Bureau of Public Service Reforms (BSPR) said it was working with Konrad Adenauer Stiftung (KAS), a German foundation, to strengthen the capacity of departments and agencies of ministries (MDA) on good governance.
This is contained in a statement by Mr. Aliyu Umar, Public Relations Officer, BPSR, following a two-day workshop Tuesday in Abuja.
The foundation’s national representative, Dr Vladimir Kreck, expressed confidence that the partnership would root effective growth and development in MDAs.
According to Kreck, the essence of the workshop is to help build the capacity of board members of parastatals and commissions to improve their performance.
“It is in this context that our organization feels honored to support Nigeria in its attempt to have a continued and meaningful impact on the functionality of government and improve governance,” he said.
The secretary of the government of the Federation (SGF), Mr. Boss Mustapha, who was represented by the permanent secretary at the SGF office, Mr. Moris Ngeli, denounced the state of relations between the boards of directors of federal agencies and their general managers.
According to him, this could be avoided if presidents and board members familiarize themselves with the founding instrument of their respective organizations, where roles are prescribed for effective service delivery.
BPSR CEO Dr Dasuki Arabi described the workshop as timely and said weak corporate governance practice and misunderstandings among board members of some federal parastatals were cause for concern.
According to the statement, Kreck appreciated the SGF for its tremendous support and encouragement for the success of the program. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yZu
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel