Nzeribe: Family begins consultations for funeral rites
NNN: The family made the disclosure on Sunday in an official statement titled “Our mighty Iroko has fallen: Sen. Chief Francis Arthur Nzeribe is dead” to announce his demise.
The statement was jointly signed by Messrs Ojiabu Francis Nzeribe, Anthony Akpati Nzeribe and Ojiabu Oliver Nzeribe, for and on behalf of the Nzeribe Royal family.
“The Nzeribe Royal family of Umudei royal village of Oguta in Oguta Local Government Area of Imo State in total submission to the will of God Almighty and in appreciation of a remarkably worthy life hereby announces the death of our son, cousin, uncle, husband, father and grandfather, Distinguished Sen. Francis Arthur Uzoma Nzeribe.
“While we are pained by this loss, we are proud of the African legend who distinguished himself in various fields including sports, international business, politics, and gave the Nzeribe clan worldwide acclaim.
“The family has immediately commenced the necessary traditional consultation and will in due course release a programme for his funeral rites,” the statement read in parts.
It appealed to the public to respect the privacy of the family and the solemnity of the event to enable them grieve in peace.
Until his death, late Nzeribe held the traditional titles of Ogbuagu, Oshiji, and Demanze Oyimba of Oguta, among others.
The deceased represented Orlu Senatorial District from October to December, 1993 in the second republic for the Nigeria Peoples Party (NPP).
In the third republic, late Nzeribe represented Imo West at the senate between 1999 and 2007 on the platform of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
- Hajj: Oyo pilgrims offer special prayers for Makinde, Nigeria
- South Africa: Minister Pandor attends G20 Foreign Ministers Meeting in Bali, Indonesia
- Police warn cultists, hoodlums against celebrating ‘7/7’ Day in Osun
- Statement attributable to the Spokesperson for the Secretary-General – on Mali
- UN needs $68.4 million to help Central African Republic where 2.2 million are acutely food insecure
- Lagos Assembly adopts recommendations on Data Protection Bill
- England ready for Old Trafford launch of Euro bid
- West Africa and the MSGBC Region Showcase a Hive of Exploration Activities
- NSITF to collaborate ILO to regulate COVID-19 claims, compensations
- NGO tasks media on championing basic education rights in Kaduna
- 2023 budget: Kaduna State Govt will adhere to MTEF recommendation – Perm. Sec.
- WAFCON 2022: Our sight remains on the trophy, Falcons
- Ericsson invites participants to ‘Together Apart Hackathon’ to boost innovation in Nigeria
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC deploys 36,000 personnel, 750 patrol vehicles, ambulances
- OPEC Secretary-General, Barkindo dies at 63
- Banditry: Matawalle security agencies of his total support
- Gunmen attack Kuje Custodial Centre in Abuja
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina