By Bushrah Yusuf-Badmus
11-year-old girl Avani Goel from Delta won three of five gymnastics gold medals from the National Youth Games (NYG) underway in Ilorin, Kwara.
The Nigeria News Agency reports that Goel won medals in the aerobics, jumping and tumbling categories when held NYG at the University of Ilorin (Unilorin) for the 5th time.
Goel said after winning the third medal that her success can be attributed to her coach for her tireless efforts to see her succeed.
She also appreciated her parents for their support and encouragement to showcase her talents.
reports that gymnastics is one of 35 sports competing for the Games, which registered 32 states and the CTF as participants.
The NYG, now in its 6th year, began on October 13 and is scheduled to end on October 19. (www.)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3D4t
- MTN offers 575m shares at N169 per share
- Police rescue 3 kidnapped persons, recover 3 AK-47 rifles in Zamfara
- ISWAP terrorists flee as Super Tucanos ‘hover’ around Buni Yadi
- Gov. Fintiri dissolves management board of Adamawa United FC
- WHO advice for international traffic in relation to the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant (B.1.1.529)
- Basic Education Committee comfortable that DBE ready for 2022 academic year
- FirstBank, others partner to reposition non-oil export for economic growth
- Nigeria Machine Tools partners firm to manufacture valves
- New project to drive stability and peace in Central Equatoria launched by trust fund partners
- FG urges Nigerians to embrace volunteerism for devt.
- U.S. Government Strengthens Zambian Youth Leadership and Civic Engagement
- Buhari expresses solidarity with Nigerian women against gender-based violence
- Jailbreaks: Surveillance intensified on Laogs custodial centres
- NEC endorses Finance Bill 2022
- U.S.-Nigeria Commercial Ties Deepen as Burger King Celebrates Nigeria Expansion