By Segun Giwa
On matchday two in the main bowl at Dipo Dina Stadium, midfielder Suliat Abideen put Sunshine Queens ahead in the seventh minute.
She scored with a brilliant free kick from 25 yards.
Elizabeth Zirike responded for Edo Queens by scoring against her former club with a strike from outside the area to make the score 1-1.
However, Sunshine Queens did not allow Edo Queens to enjoy the moment for long with an Abigail goal on Sunday over low cross Aminat Yakubu in the 22nd minute.
It was the second goal of Sunday’s competition.
The game, despite so much intensity in the second half, could not produce another goal and the game ended 2-1 in favor of Sunshine Queens.
Sunshine Queens head coach Wemimo Mathew later said she was happy with the result and the performance of her players.
Mathew said his tactics were gradually paying off and it was an improvement over the first game of the competition.
“I’m happy. It’s a normal thing any other team feels when they get three points. Our tactics are working incrementally, but there are other areas we still need to work on,” she said. .
For his part, Edo Queens head coach Stanley Osaze said losing their second game of the competition was not the result his side wanted.
“Two losses in two games is not a good thing and the team is not happy. The girls are not happy and the management is not happy.
“In football, sometimes you play well and you lose. But we will work to do better in the next game and see what happens, ”he said.
NAN reports Sunshine Queens now have four points in two games, while Edo Queens are yet to pick a point. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3z0x
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (May 11, 2021)
- UK seeks tariff exemption on solar equipment
- The newest TECNO CAMON 17 Pro has raised the bar for selfie smartphones, allowing users to express themselves creatively in their own way
- “About a Boy” the winner of the Nollywoodweek Film Festival 2021
- Energy Capital & Power Confirms High Level Sponsors for South Sudan Oil & Power 2021 Event
- APC Edo felicitates with Muslims on Eid-el Fitri
- Eid el-Fitr: A time to renew Nigeria’s pact with destiny – PDP
- Southern Senators’ Forum lauds governors on security steps
- Kogi registers indigent households impacted by COVID-19