Iran has provided the European powers involved in its 2015 nuclear deal with two drafts on the removal of sanctions and nuclear commitments, Iran’s top nuclear negotiator said on Thursday, as world powers and Tehran try to reestablish the pact.
“We have given you two proposed drafts … Of course you need to check the texts we have provided.
“If you are ready to continue the talks, we are in Vienna to continue the talks,” Ali Bagheri Kani told reporters in Vienna.
A European diplomat in Vienna confirmed that the draft documents had been delivered.
The announcement came on the fourth day of indirect talks between Iran and the United States for the two to fully participate again in the battered agreement.
The talks resumed after a five-month hiatus triggered by the election of Iran’s hardline President Ebrahim Raisi.
Under the pact, Tehran limited its nuclear program in exchange for relief from economic sanctions from the United States, the EU and the UN.
But then-US President Donald Trump abandoned the deal in 2018 and re-imposed tough US sanctions, prompting Tehran to violate the pact’s nuclear limits.
Reuters / NAN
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3F43