NUC approves name change for Samuel Adegboyega Varsity
NNN: National Universities Commission (NUC) has approved change of name for Samuel Adegboyega University (SAU), Ogwa, Edo, to Glorious Vision University (GVU).
Esan said that the approval, which was communicated through a letter signed by Deputy Secretary (Administration) of the commission, Chris Maiyaki, took immediate effect.
“It is delightful to announce the approval of change of name of SAU to GVU by National Universities Commission (NUC), following an appeal by the proprietor, The Apostolic Church Nigeria, LAWNA Territory.
“The approval, which takes immediate effect, was communicated to the university through a letter dated 14th June, 2022 and signed by Chris J. Maiyaki, the Deputy Executive Secretary (Administration), on behalf of the Executive Secretary.
“It was granted operational licence by National Universities Commission on 7th March, 2011, as the 45th private university and 117th on the overall in the Nigerian university system,” he said.
According to the acting registrar, all the academic programmes being run by the university have been fully accredited.
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family