By Ijeoma Okigbo
Paul Edeh, president of Naija Ratels FC, said on Thursday that the club’s presence at the National Sports Festival (NSF) in Benin was aimed at supporting the development of women’s football and grassroots sport.
Naija Ratel FC is a championship team of the Nigerian Women’s Football League (NWFL).
Edeh, who was represented by Bankole Oloowokere, coach of the Abuja-based women’s soccer team, told the Nigeria News Agency (NAN) that they were also in Benin for a training tour and to have an impact on the life of the little girl.
The president of Naija Ratels FC previously presented personalized match balls to the women’s teams in Edo and Lagos states to become the winners and runners-up at the just concluded festival football event.
“The reason we are in Benin is simply to show our support for grassroots development, especially for women’s football.
“I am amazed at the number of football talents that we have seen in this festival and I know the stakeholders are amazed at the level of development of women’s football in the country.
“We have also decided to show our support by presenting personalized Naija Ratels match balls to the finalists in the women’s event.
“It was just to encourage them to keep playing sports, especially football,” Edeh said.
NAN reports that Edo State won the women’s football event in the final at the University of Benin on Monday, while the Lagos team finished second.
The NSF which started on April 2 ended on Wednesday. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yPI
- Eid -el-Fitr: Gov. Ganduje frees 123 prison inmates
- Coronavirus – Malawi: Daily update of information on COVID-19 (May 13, 2021)
- World Bank to construct 13.16km Lagos farm roads
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 13, 2021)
- Eid el-fitri: Cleric preaches unity, tolerance to check ethnicity
- Cargo Airport project ‘ll increase economic fortunes of Anambra- ONICCIMA
- FIFA World Report: Give Every Talent a Chance
- Diaspora voting critical to effective participation in governance – council
- Visit Rwanda and RwandAir join the Basketball Africa League as official partners