By Ijeoma Okigbo
Paul Edeh, president of Naija Ratels FC, said on Thursday that the club’s presence at the National Sports Festival (NSF) in Benin was aimed at supporting the development of women’s football and grassroots sport.
Naija Ratel FC is a championship team of the Nigerian Women’s Football League (NWFL).
Edeh, who was represented by Bankole Oloowokere, coach of the Abuja-based women’s soccer team, told the Nigeria News Agency (NAN) that they were also in Benin for a training tour and to have an impact on the life of the little girl.
The president of Naija Ratels FC previously presented personalized match balls to the women’s teams in Edo and Lagos states to become the winners and runners-up at the just concluded festival football event.
“The reason we are in Benin is simply to show our support for grassroots development, especially for women’s football.
“I am amazed at the number of football talents that we have seen in this festival and I know the stakeholders are amazed at the level of development of women’s football in the country.
“We have also decided to show our support by presenting personalized Naija Ratels match balls to the finalists in the women’s event.
“It was just to encourage them to keep playing sports, especially football,” Edeh said.
NAN reports that Edo State won the women’s football event in the final at the University of Benin on Monday, while the Lagos team finished second.
The NSF which started on April 2 ended on Wednesday. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yPI
- Bird flu: Bauchi govt. kills about 27,000 birds to curtail spread
- Heirs Oil & Gas announces the appointments of its CEO and Board of Directors
- NCDC records 39 new infections, zero death
- Victor Campenaerts warming up for the Giro d’Italia time trial on Zwift
- Abuja residents count losses as FCDA demolishes illegal structures
- Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All matches will be broadcast live on Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel
- Adimula Commissions PTI Skill Development Academy
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (May 6, 2021)
- JUSUN, PASAN strike to end soon – FG