By Usman Aliyu
Bukola Hussain won gold for the state in the 501 event, Grace Williams won Dilver in the 701, while Babafemi Segun won bronze in the TDB category.
Reacting to the feat, state darts coach Tope Fatoye applauded the athletes’ performance with optimism that more medals would be won in the events yet to be decided.
Fatoye commended the state government for its support and encouragement.
This, he said, was responsible for the impressive performance of the state contingents at the sports festival.
Meanwhile, the crisis brewed in the men’s squash doubles final between host Edo and team Delta.
The match was abandoned in the middle of the final set, with the two teams tied 1-1.
However, it took the intervention of security personnel to calm the situation.
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that the final of the women’s squash event will take place on Sunday between Kwara and Delta. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yJ6
- Coronavirus – Daily update on the status of COVID-19 statistics in Zambia (May 12, 2021)
- Wet Season Farming: FG to distribute farm inputs to farmers
- Video press release: Weekly press briefing on the coronavirus epidemic
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 12, 2021)
- Marriott International opens 5-star hotel in Lagos
- Coronavirus – South Africa: COVID-19 Statistics in South Africa (May 12, 2021)
- Kogi governor lauds appointment of Obaje as NG-CARES coordinator
- COVID-19: NCDC records 1 death, 44 new infections
- AbdulRazaq appoints 41-year-old multimedia czar as Kwara Tv GM