By Ijeoma Okigbo
Stella Kingsley of Rivers won three gold medals in 49kg women’s weightlifting at the ongoing 20th National Sports Festival in Benin.
Kingsley stunned its competitors on Saturday by placing first in the “snatch” and “clean and jack” events.
The Nigeria News Agency (NAN) reports that the weightlifter recorded 179 points in both events, which guaranteed him another gold medal – three.
She currently leads her colleagues in total points.
A very confident Kingsley, who started weightlifting in 2013, told NAN she was excited about the victory.
“I thank God for what he has done for me; for giving me three gold medals at this festival.
“My career has not been easy, it has been God all the time and I thank my coach for his efforts and support.
“I’m working hard to compete in the next Olympics and win a gold medal,” she said.
The athlete also appealed to his state government to support him in his career growth. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yJ0
- The Canada-Africa Chamber of Commerce welcomes Nicolas Pompigne-Mognard to its main advisory board
- EU, US reach truce in steel tariff dispute
- German Africa Energy Forum in Hamburg to kick-start Africa’s economic transformation
- NEMA warns of probable flood in 10 C/River areas
- Rape: Centre advises parents to pay adequate attention to children
- NLC begins 5-day warning strike in Kaduna State
- Police debunk report of attack on Modakeke Town
- Speaker lauds Gov. Bagudu for completing rural road project
- 44,000 persons receive first jab of AstraZeneca vaccine in Plateau