NSCDC trains personnel on conflict resolution
NNN: The Bayelsa Command of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) says it has trained its personnel to build their capacity on conflict resolution.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that the training was specifically organised for Divisional Officers and Peace Desk Officers in the state.
In a speech, the state Commandant of the corps, Mr Lucy Fakoya, urged the participants to avail themselves of the opportunity to improve their mediation and reconciliation skills.
Fakoya said that the programme also sought to achieve Federal Government’s target on key performance indicators in the area of interpersonal conflicts.
According to him, the issues on communal clashes, conflict, early warning and response mechanisms will be discussed at the training.
The commander said that as chief mediators, the participants were expected to deploy their knowledge in settling disputes in local communities.
Mr Olayinka Oguntayo of the Peace and Conflict Resolution Department of NSCDC, Abuja, lectured the participants on the use of Alternative Dispute Resolution Mechanism (ADR) in settling conflicts.
He said that ADR saves time, is cheaper and a win-win approach for all parties.
Oguntayo also spoke on the need for them to collaborate with the ministry of justice to obtain consent judgement.
He said that the judgment would help to legalise agreements reached by parties after successful mediation.
Some of the participants commended the NSCDC for the training and pledged to put the lessons learnt in conflict resolution. (
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family