NSCDC trains 150 Divisional, Peace Desk Officers on ADR in Jigawa
NNN: The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC) has trained 150 of its personnel on Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) to sustain peace in Jigawa.
Shehu said the personnel included Divisional Officers, Outposts Heads and Peace and Conflict Desk Officers in the 27 Local Government Areas of the state.
He explained that the training would be continuous to strengthen the capacity of peace officers.
”The training was organised in collaboration with the Corps’ Peace and Conflict Resolution Department at the National Headquarters.
”Personnel were guided on ways to tackle complex aspects of peace building and mediation, in accordance with international best practice.
“The sensitization exercise is aimed at enhancing the performance of peace desk officers in tackling ADR from the concept of early warning and early response mechanism,” he added.
He said the exercise will enhance the capacity of the personnel in handling disputes, especially with the general elections around the corner. (
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family