By Muftau Ogunyemi
The Nigerian Civil Defense and Security Corps (NSCDC) said it seized 37,100 liters of diesel from an illegal depot in Ore, Odigbo local government area, Ondo state.
Eweka said the discovery and seizure was in line with the corps commanding general’s vision of zero tolerance for vandalism and destruction of critical national assets and infrastructure.
He said the command, using sustained and credible intelligence, detonated an “illegal surface” storage facility for automotive diesel fuel (AGO), also known as diesel, in Ore.
He said the suspects transported the illegally refined products through badges and boats to coastal areas of Ondo state, mainly via Agadagba, Ijaw and Ido Osun.
He added that investigations further revealed that Ore was quickly becoming the seat of AGO’s illegal surface depots in the southwest.
“Most tankers load adulterated AGO through surface tanks and thus distribute for sale across Nigeria.
“The command’s anti-vandal squad tactically invaded the crime scene. The suspects, however, fled when they saw our men.
“These unscrupulous elements transport the product using buses, jeeps and cars to where it would ultimately be stored in the surface tanks located in Ore town.
“Some of the exhibited parts recovered from the scene are a Toyota Sequoia Jeep, a Toyota Camry car, a pumping machine, two industrial hoses, 70 drums of 30 liters AGO and 35,000 liters of adulterated AGO,” said Eweka.
He vowed that the command would fight and eliminate all forms of economic crime in the state.
He warned pipeline vandals and those determined to destroy critical national assets and infrastructure of the state to give up or face the wrath of the law.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yDB
- UN mandates ECOWAS with policies to protect and recognize women in informal sectors
- UN COVID-19 pooled fund funded 40% of medical supplies in Nigeria – Kallon
- FCTA educates farmers on resilient agriculture and food security systems
- Guber seeker advocates innovative approaches to boost Anambra IGR
- Chibok girls always on our minds, says the presidency
- NSCDC foils jailbreak attempt at correctional facility in Ubiaja, Edo
- Edo 2020: a sports festival to never forget – MOC
- Lawan is committed to supporting the profession of surveyor
- COVID-19: Osinbajo warns against vaccine nationalism