By Deborah Coker
The Nigerian Civil Defense and Security Corps (NSCDC), Edo Command, said it foiled a jailbreak attempt by inmates at the Nigeria Correctional Service (NCoS)facility, Ubiaja, local government region of southeast of Esan.
Ogbebor explained that the corps received a distress call over the jailbreak attempt and then mobilized its staff led by Mr. Samuel Ogbeide, a deputy superintendent of Corps 1, into the facility.
He said that upon arriving at the facility, it was discovered that the inmates had escaped their cells and were already engaging the correctional officers in the fight.
He revealed that in an attempt to bring the development under control, some of the officers suffered injuries to varying degrees.
He added that, however, with the help of staff from the Nigerian Army, 4th Brigade, and Edo Command, Nigerian Police, the detainees were eventually overpowered and returned to their cells.
He added that security had been fully tightened in the prison facility by all security agencies. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yPd
- WHO panel urges bold overhaul of pandemic prevention measures
- $540bn remittance flow reaches low-and-middle-income countries in 2020- WB
- Arsenal dent Chelsea’s Champions League push
- Kalu salutes Ekweremadu at 59
- NECO: 115 inmates credit English, Maths in Enugu
- Infinix Releases Award Winning NOTE 10 Pro Series Powerful Performance. Iconic design
- Eid-el-fitr: Yahaya Bello calls for national integration
- Eid el-Fitr; Atiku wants Nigerians reflect on peace, unity
- Osinbajo graces Museveni’s inauguration in Kampala