By Deborah Coker
The Nigerian Civil Defense and Security Corps (NSCDC), Edo Command, said it foiled a jailbreak attempt by inmates at the Nigeria Correctional Service (NCoS)facility, Ubiaja, local government region of southeast of Esan.
Ogbebor explained that the corps received a distress call over the jailbreak attempt and then mobilized its staff led by Mr. Samuel Ogbeide, a deputy superintendent of Corps 1, into the facility.
He said that upon arriving at the facility, it was discovered that the inmates had escaped their cells and were already engaging the correctional officers in the fight.
He revealed that in an attempt to bring the development under control, some of the officers suffered injuries to varying degrees.
He added that, however, with the help of staff from the Nigerian Army, 4th Brigade, and Edo Command, Nigerian Police, the detainees were eventually overpowered and returned to their cells.
He added that security had been fully tightened in the prison facility by all security agencies. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yPd
- Coronavirus – Eritrea: Ministry of Health announcement (May 5, 2021)
- Day of the Midwife: Invest in midwives to save more lives — UNFPA
- Liquid Telecom unveils new identity, Liquid Intelligent Technologies in Botswana as it establishes itself as the digital services partner of choice for African businesses
- Buhari salutes ex-NSC DG Al-Hassan Yakmut at 60
- Chelsea whip Real Madrid to reach Champions League final
- Video press release: Weekly press briefing on the coronavirus epidemic
- Enugu State inaugurates board for universal health coverage
- Video Press Release: WHO Africa COVID-19 Online Briefing
- Singer Paul Okoye hits 1m subscribers on YouTube, receives gold plaque