NSCDC confirms 1 dead, 4 injured in Ibadan auto crash
NNN: The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Oyo State Command, has confirmed the death of one person and four others injured in an accident involving an 18-seater bus and a motorcycle in Ibadan.
DCC Benedict Effanga, the Head of Disaster Management Unit, NSCDC, Oyo State Command, confirmed the incident in a statement on Thursday in Ibadan.
An 18-seater bus allegedly skipped its lane and rammed into four motorcycles and a Camry car on the other lane at about 4:44 p.m. on Bodija road, Ibadun on Wednesday.
“A distress call was put through to the Unit desk at the State Headquarters, Agodi, Ibadan on Wednesday, to report a road accident that involved the commuter bus and the other vehicles.
“The commuter bus skid off its lane to the other lane where it rammed into 4 motorcycles moving in the opposite direction and brushed another Camry car on the side.” Effanga said.
Effanga said that preliminary investigation by the NSCDC revealed that the cause of the accident was brake failure.
He said that the bus was damaged along with the Camry car while the motorcycles were crushed.
He said that the corpse had been taken off the road while free flow of traffic was immediately restored by the NSCDC officials after a brief gridlock.
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs