By Ahmed Kaigama
Bauchi’s Wikki Tourists football club claimed a relentless 3-1 victory over visiting Katsina United on Sunday in a match on Matchday 19 of the Nigerian Professional Football League (NPFL).
The Nigeria News Agency (NAN) reports that the match at Abubakar Tafawa Balewa Stadium (ATBS) in Bauchi saw Team Wikki take the lead every minute thanks to Manu Garba.
However, Katsina United by Joseph Atule drew 21 minutes, while 30 minutes later Manu Garba scored the second goal.
The second half proved difficult for both teams, and the coaches admitted it.
Katsina United coach Baldwin Bazuaye said: “It’s a shame we lost where we weren’t supposed to lose, but it’s a game and the goal margin was big.
“It’s normal in a game, there should be pluses and minuses, but we look to our next game which will be well prepared,” he said.
Wikki Tourists coach Abdallah Sheriff, for his part, said Sunday’s outing was commendable.
“The most important thing is that we broke the jinx. We didn’t have a good home race, but today we broke the jinx and won convincingly.
“I hope the jinx will be broken forever, so we will continue to grab the three points.
“But we are trying to solve this problem at home. A lot of players are turned because of injuries, and those who haven’t played have come out to give a really good account of themselves.
“It was a good outing which is very commendable, and we hope to do more than that,” he said.
NAN reports that WIkki Tourists FC are now in 12th position with 24 points from 19 matches.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yBW
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel