NPFL: Wikki Tourists draw 1-1 with visiting Shooting Stars
NNN: Wikki Tourists Football Club of Bauchi on Sunday drew 1-1 with the visiting Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC) of Ibadan in a 20212022 Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL) fixture.
The match saw both teams playing brilliantly in the first half, but failing to register a goal.
Nine minutes into the second half, Olufemi Obieokuwa gave the Shooting Stars the lead, while team captain Idris Guda equalised for the hosts in the 90th minute through a penalty kick.
The fans said his use of substitutes was an “indiscriminate substitution of players”.
Shooting Stars’ Chief Coach, Edith Agoye, in an interview with journalists also said the match was a tough one between both sides.
“We came in to Bauchi yesterday (Saturday) and my players were very tired. But they still gave their best.
“We were here for a purpose and unfortunately we didn’t achieve it as we didn’t get the points we wanted. But, all the same, it is still very okay,” he said.
Meanwhile, Dogo could however not be reached by a NAN correspondent at the stadium for his comments on the match.
NAN reports that WIkki Tourists FC now have 46 points and are in the 10th position on the NPFL log.
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family