NPC launches 2023 Population and Housing Census Call Centre
NNN: National Population Commission (NPC) has launched call centre for the 2023 Population and Housing Census.
The Chairman of the commission, Alhaji Nasir Kwarra, said at the launch in Abuja on Tuesday that NPC had intensified preparatory activities
for successful conduct of the first digital census in Nigeria.
He said “the launch of this integrated call centre for the 2023 census is yet another major step toward making the head count a resounding success.
“It also underscores our commitment toward providing demographic data for national planning.”
He described population census as “a people-oriented activity that seeks to capture the demographic characteristics of the populace across the length and breadth of the country.”
The chairman emphasised the imperatives of putting in place a platform for constant interaction between the commission and the people through which information could be obtained, clarified and feedback received on the census process.
According to him, the Call Centre is equipped with modern Information and Communication Technology facilities for video conferencing, emails and telephony to facilitate effective communication for the census.
Kwarra explained that “this call centre will serve as information hub for seamless interface between NPC and the public before, during and after the census exercise.
“Enquiries from the public to the commission about the census process, on field activities and other census frequently asked questions are expected to be responded to by trained personnel.
- 120 correctional centre inmates in Enugu gain admission into National Open University
- We’ll ensure changes in DisCos don’t disrupt service – FG
- Research: CSO tasks Kwara Govt on budget spendings
- Buhari salutes Army on 2022 NADCEL
- NMet predicts 3-day cloudiness, sunshine from Thursday
- Eid-el-Kabir: FRSC begins enlightenment campaign for motorists in Kano
- Barkindo’s death: NOG organisers call off 2022 dinner/award night
- Gov. Bagudu approves N52.9m for Kebbi boarding schools to celebrate sallah
- Nigerian petroleum industry holds night of tributes for Barkindo
- Our governorship candidate yet to announce running mate – Lagos PDP
- NSCDC urges newly recruited officers to maintain discipline, commitment
- Nigeria requires over 350m trees yearly to check deforestation – NCF
- FEMA, JICA empower IDPs in Abuja
- 2023: Group tasks INEC on peaceful, fair polls
- Influencer urges youths to maximise social media for wealth creation
- NOA expresses readiness to partner with CSOs, others on vote-buying
- Plateau APC Guber Candidate picks Butmang as running mate
- UK wants improved implementation of disability laws in Nigeria
- Running mate: PDP group faults voting by screening committee
- Gov. Fintiri commiserates with Barkindo family