NOUN: Badagry study centre to begin academic activities in September
NNN: Prof. Peter Okebukola, Chairman, Governing Board, National Open University of Nigeria (NOUN), says the institution has concluded arrangements to begin academic activities at its Badagry Study Centre in September.
Okebukola disclosed this during a visit to the Chairman of Badagry Local Government, Mr Olusegun Onilude, after inspecting facilities at the NOUN Study Centre in Ajara Vetho, Badagry.
According to him, the study centre is part of the mandate of NOUN to make tertiary education accessible to all Nigerians.
“Let me use this opportunity to tell you that with what is on ground, the Badagry Study Centre will commence operation in September 2022 with accreditation and matriculation of the first set of students,” he said.
He commended the chairman for providing a temporary site for the centre to commence academic activities.
Responding, Onilude expressed gratitude to the management of the institution for establishing a study centre in Badagry.
He said as a one-time teacher, establishing a study centre in a locale like Badagry is a welcome development.
According to him, it will enable the people of Badagry and its environs to access tertiary education.
Onilude promised to assist the institution to ensure a smooth take off in September.
The News Agency of Nigeria reports that NOUN Governing Council was also at the Palace of the Akran Of Badagry Kingdom, De Wheno Aholu Menu-Toyi I to pay homage to the traditional ruler.
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman
- Breaking: Sporadic gunshots, bomb blast heard near Kuje Prison
- Gunmen kill police inspector, abduct Chinese national in Kwara
- Gender-based, income inequalities fuelling teen pregnancies in developing countries – UNFPA
- My removal did not follow due process, says Sacked Abia LG boss
- NADCEL: Army Chief, Yahaya, bags chieftaincy title in Imo
- Don calls for inter-agency collaboration to tackle insecurity
- PVCs: Group sensitises FCT women
- Army inaugurates classroom blocks, science laboratory in Imo
- Naira falls again to dollar at Investors, Exporters window
- COVID-19 vaccine trains immune system to create antibodies, says NPHCDA Boss