Canon Central & North Africa (CCNA) (Canon-CNA.com) partners receive awards in four categories; CCNA is focused on expansion throughout the region and is committed to ensuring consistent growth with existing Value Business Partners.
Canon Central & North Africa recently hosted its first annual virtual partner conference on the theme “Resilience to Thrive”. It was an opportunity to connect with partners who demonstrated a commitment to the region, to help reach new heights in a new world. At the conclusion of the conference, twelve partners were recognized during an awards and recognition session, for outstanding achievements in four categories.
The partner network, which spans 40 countries, was praised for its determination, dedication and resilience to all the external challenges of a year affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. 2020 changed us to look at business through a new lens, as we traversed uncharted territories around the world.
The partners were recognized for adding value to the Canons business, showing outstanding achievement, increasing market share and bringing Canon’s strategy to life.
The four categories in the Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Consumer (B2C) sectors consisted of: Best Performance Award, Special Recognition, Developing Business Group (DRBG) Award of the Month and last but not least, the president’s award.
DELTA Trading Company, Egypt received the prestigious President’s Award. They recently joined the Canon Partner family with a vision to grow their business and penetrate the graphic art market in partnership with a strong brand like Canon. They aligned their focus and strategy with Canon’s on high-end product models and with their service focus they were able to penetrate the Egyptian market.
“In 2020 there were challenges and difficulties, but at the same time, it marked the beginning of new learnings. In the African spirit of resilience, we were able to reboot, restart and reset our batteries, to achieve the market potential that exists for Canon in the African markets, said Mr. Somesh Adukia, Canon’s Managing Director North and Central Africa.
Members who were also appreciated received the following awards:
Best Performance Awards
- The “2020 Best Mirrorless Performance Award” was awarded to BSS Trading and Silicon21, for engaging and capturing the growing market for Mirrorless in Egypt.
- The “2020 Best Professional Video Performance Award” was awarded to UNOMAT, Kenya and Nigeria. UNOMAT was able to interact with specialized Pro distributors with a clear focus on the Customer’s needs.
- The “2020 G Series Best Performance Award” was awarded to Mitsumi Distribution Kenya, who have used their strength and market experience to capture the demand from the Kenyan market.
- Systhen, Morocco, received the “DIMS award for best performance”, who, together with the Canon team, was able to participate and capture the growing market for DIMS.
- The Office Colors Unit Best Performance award went to Japan motors, Ghana, which has demonstrated a strong commitment to driving the growth of the Office business in Ghana
- The “LFP Units Best Performance Award” was awarded to Carol Buro, West Africa, who has demonstrated a strong focus on value products throughout Africa.
Special recognition awards
- The “B2C Special Recognition Award” was awarded to Sabi Systems, Algeria, which despite multiple competitions within Algeria managed the business and stood firm in the face of all challenges.
- The “B2B Special Recognition Award” was awarded to Gabon Mecca, Gabon, a longstanding Canon partner with a sales team comprising a strong service team implementing eMaintenance for DS and eServices.
Developing Region Business Group (DRBG) Winner of the Month Awards
- The “DRBG WIN OF THE MES Award” was awarded to JTC-Nigeria, who together with the Canon team approached and conducted the POC in order to demonstrate Uniflow’s capabilities, especially security printing based on their RFID cards.
- The “DRBG award of the month” was awarded to Technicom by agreement of the Ministry of Education in Mali, demonstrating a strong presence in the country with an excellent service structure.
- The “B2B Special Recognition Award” was awarded to ARROV ((BCX), Nigeria, which has significantly increased Canon’s presence in the Nigerian market.
“Our valuable partner network helps us reformat strategic goals to ensure business continuity and helps us shape the future with our customers. I congratulate our winners for their passion, drive and energy, and together with us for continually reviewing the changing digital landscape. 2020 was a successful and unique business year and we look forward to the implementation of our 2021 roadmap. ‘Resilience to Thrive’ is a team effort, concluded Mr. Somesh Adukia,
- Tanzania tries to bring back contraband chameleons seized in Austria
- Desert locust invasion destroys huge cultivated land in Ethiopia – UN
- African Football – Election of the African Football Confederation (CAF): Ceremony of African Unity
- Media advisory – African football – Election of the African Football Confederation (CAF): Ceremony of African Unity
- Coronavirus – Kenya: COVID-19 update (March 5, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Eswatini: COVID-19 update (March 5, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Rwanda: COVID-19 update (March 5, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 update (March 5, 2021)
- Coronavirus – Djibouti: The first quantity of COVID-19 vaccines arrives in Djibouti