NNPP celebrates people who sacrificed their lives to enthrone democracy
NNN: The New Nigeria People’s Party (NNPP) has paid tribute to the heroes and heroines of Nigeria democracy, particularly those who sacrificed their lives in the struggle to enthrone democracy in the country.
The party paid the tribute in a statement by its National Publicity Secretary, Mr Agbo Major, in Abuja on Sunday.
Major saluted Nigerians on the occasion of the occasion of 2022 Democracy Day.
He said that Nigeria was irrevocably placed on the path of democratic governance after years of military dictatorship, civil war and political upheavals that threatened the nation’s corporate existence.
He, however, said that the 2022 Democracy Day called for sober reflection, prayers and collective action to terminate social injustice.
He said that it also called for collective efforts to end marginalisation, terrorism, insurgency, militancy, kidnapping, hunger, unemployment, poor infrastructure and resolution of issues that led to the elongated ASUU strike.
He, however, said that the forthcoming general election provided citizens an opportunity to take their corporate destiny into their hands and massive vote for a new, better, greater and prosperous Nigeria, whoch he said NNPP symbolised.
“It is time for action. All eligible voters should quickly go and register and obtain their permanent voter cards, ensure they vote and their votes count in the overall result as power belongs to the people.
“This is the only way to restore the nation’s unity, greatness, prosperity and dignity in the comity of nations.
“We are all in it together to usher in a New Nigeria citizens will be proud of,” Major said.
- Delta Assembly passes Development, Property Authority Bill
- Kaduna govt. inaugurates committee for policy on private school operations
- Stakeholders call for increase in death notification
- Estate agent faces N3.4m land scam charge
- Kano traffic agency deploys 1,500 personnel for Eid-el-Kabir
- WHO to reconvene monkeypox emergency committee
- Seadogs lifts Nasarawa community with portable water
- 467 police constables graduate from Police College, Ilorin
- Police pass out 9,989 Constables from training schools
- New Islamic Development Bank Institute (IsDBI) Book Enriches Knowledge on Fatāwa Related to Leasing Contracts
- Man, 40, faces N1.7m visa scam charge
- Eid-el Kabir: We’re badly affected by economic downturn, ram sellers, buyers cry out
- Cuba Consortium signs agreement to establish vaccines manufacturing plant in Bayelsa
- Acting VC tasks Deans on soft, developmental skills
- Teenager in court for alleged shop breaking
- The Chairperson of the African Union Commission calls for tolerance and peaceful co-existence in Western Ethiopia
- Man, 24, docked for alleged shop breaking, theft
- Honoring H.E. Muhammad Barkindo, Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) Secretary General
- Man, 65, gets life imprisonment for raping 85-year-old step mother
- Police present N24m cheques to families of 8 deceased officers