A statement on Wednesday in Lokoja, jointly signed by the state Chairman and Secretary of NMA, Dr Zubair Kabiru and Dr Okungbowa Osaretin, respectively, described the attack on FMC Lokoja premises as ”uncivilised and uncalled for”.
According to the statement, report has reached NMA Kogi chapter, about the ugly incidence that took place on Wednesday at the premises of the FMC Lokoja, where some suspected hoodlums stormed the hospital’s premises, vandalised offices and carted away some personal and hospital valuables.
”The hospital is where lives are saved; it is uncivilised for it to be attacked for whatsoever reason.
”The staff of the hospital had planned to have a peaceful protest over their safety in the hospital as a result of the ongoing global pandemic of COVID-19 in the state.
”However, before the protest could start, some unknown hoodlums stormed the hospital premises and disrupted the planned peaceful protest.
”This action has led to the total shutdown of the only functional tertiary healthcare facility in the state.
”NMA Kogi state, believes that the action of these hoodlums is totally uncalled for and condemns it in absolute terms,” the statement said.
The association, therefore, called on the State and Federal Governments to bring the perpetrators to book, while ensuring adequate security for the healthcare workers in the state.
Edited By: Muhammad Suleiman Tola (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3n7K
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel