By Christian Ogbonna
Nwafor said the theme of the celebration, which was low key in Ebonyi, is “COVID-19, Social and Economic Crisis: Challenges for decent jobs, social protection and peoples’ welfare”.
He commended the three tiers of government for their tireless efforts in containing the spread of the pandemic.
He also decried the rising level of theft and wanton killings in the country by bandits.
“On this note, we appeal to the perpetrators of these evil acts and their sponsors to stop.
“Government at all levels should not politicise the problem. They should close ranks across party lines when the lives of citizens, especially Ebonyi people, are involved.
“We urge the government to be more proactive in addressing the situation in the state and country at large,” Nwafor said.
On workers well-being, the chairman said the congress was committed to implementing any government’s policy designed to improve their welfare. (NAN)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3zn6
- Eid-el-Fitr: PDP urges unity, patriotism to tackle national challenges
- NUPENG directs members to shut down services in Kaduna State
- Edo Assembly wants livestock farms registered
- JUSUN urges FG to deduct Judiciary funds from May FAAC
- Eid-el-Fitr: APC urges Nigerians to pray for country’s leaders, peace, unity
- WHO panel urges bold overhaul of pandemic prevention measures
- $540bn remittance flow reaches low-and-middle-income countries in 2020- WB
- Arsenal dent Chelsea’s Champions League push
- Kalu salutes Ekweremadu at 59