By Mustapha Yauri
Nigerian Institute of Transportation Technology (NITT), Zaria has set up a 22-member project team for the development of an electric vehicle.
“The establishment of this project team was in accordance with the directives of the Minister of Transport, Rotimi Amaechi in 2019.
Inojeharho therefore urged the committee to work tirelessly towards achieving this feat to justify the trust placed in them and put NITT on the world map as an organization that has converted a fuel vehicle into an electric vehicle.
The team, he said, should develop a plan that will guide the evolution of the NITT model of electric vehicle.
Other terms are, he added, are to evolve the technology / design framework of the NITT model of electric vehicle; Develop a prototype of the NITT electric vehicle and promote the NITT model of electric vehicle in the Nigerian automotive industry.
Others should determine the budget allocation to support the new project, identify capacity building needs for the sustainability of the new project and establish the need for technical support or partnership with other institutions or organizations. research.
The Nigerian News Agency (NAN) reports that the team has Dr Bayero Salih-Farah, director general of the institute as chairman, other members are Elkanah Ngbale, director of the transport technology center of the Institute, Dr Felicia Nwanosike, Director of the School of Transport and Dr Ibrahim Mundi, Director of ICT, Libraries and Information Services, among others.
In his remarks, Salih-Farah thanked the NITT Board of Directors for the nomination of the team.
Salih-Farah also acknowledged the enormity of the task at hand, noting that it would require a lot of support from the council as well as the government in terms of resources and technical know-how. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yGG
- Senate holds minute’s silence for Bode Olowoporoku
- We did our best to save Nigeria from insecurity – Ex CDS, Olonisakin
- Bauchi halts wages of 715 suspected ghost workers – SSG
- Governor Oyetola inaugurates committee on mining pollution
- Kwara launches 500 hectare youth farm program
- Group worries about rising wave of insecurity in southeast
- Ministry partners with media to control spread of tuberculosis
- Insecurity: the IGP promises reinforced synergy with the army
- SFOC instructs Senate with appropriate funding for Nigerian military