NIMASA donates to Kano State
NNN: The Nigerian Maritime Administration and Safety Agency (NIMASA) on Wednesday donated hospital equipment to Rimin Gado Local Government Kano Comprehensive Hospital, Kano State, to improve healthcare.
NIMASA also donated educational materials to Dan Sudu Primary school and Lambu Primary School in Tofa Local Government Area (LGA) of the state.
NIMASA Director-General Bashir Jamoh, while presenting the items, said that the donation was part of the agency’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
Jamoh, represented by an Assistant Director in NIMASA, Mr Adamu Dan-Kura, said that the equipment would be useful to the people in the LGA.
“We hope the equipment and educational learning materials will be utilised in the best manner and hope they will improve education and health services in the state,” he said.
He listed some of the items donated to include wheel chairs, computers, delivery kits, hand gloves, face masks, photocopying machines and educational materials, among others.
On his part, the Executive Secretary, Kano State Emergency Management Agency (SEMA), Dr Saleh Jili, commended NIMASA’s kind gesture.
“In 2021 NIMASA donated food items and empowerment packages to SEMA as its CSR.
“In 2022, NIMASA donated hospital equipment and educational materials, worth millions of naira, to the agency”
Speaking earlier, Hamza Musa, the officer-in-charge of Rimin Gado Local Government Comprehensive Hospital, praised NIMASA for donating the equipment.
Musa promised that the items would be well used. (
- CAF Champions League now to be played over two legs
- CAF moves 2023 AFCON to January and February 2024
- African Super League to kick off August 2023, CAF says
- Kwara United revive continental competition ticket chase by whipping Nasarawa United
- NPFL: Wikki Tourists FC spank former champions Akwa United
- First WAFCON match win for Senegal after spanking Uganda’s Crested Cranes
- Delta APC guber Campaign Organisation lauds INEC on CVR extension
- Adesanya outpoints Cannonier to retain UFC middleweight title
- Presidential Amnesty Programme revokes training contract for ex-agitators
- Nigeria’s unity more important than religious, ethnic inclinations – Army chaplain
- GOC urges troops not to be distracted by operational hardships
- Posters: Kwara agency warns against abuse of billboards
- AbdulRazaq congratulates Offa-born law scholar on professorial rank
- Police arrest suspected fake officer in Ebonyi
- Shots fired in Copenhagen mall, several victims, one arrest
- Match Day 36 results in 2021/2022 NPFL
- Health: AbdulRazaq approves recruitment of 197 medical personnel in Kwara
- Ram dealers bemoan low patronage as prices soar in Benin
- Customs Onne Port command generates N115.26bn in H1
- Lagos reiterates commitment to providing enabling environment for MSMEs