PRNigeria concluded that the troops eliminated the insurgents while repelling an attack launched by the terrorist group on the community of Chabbal within the Axis.
The insurgents entered the city via the Mafa axis in armed trucks on Monday evening.
ISWAP fighters started firing sporadically after invading the town.
One of the sources, a military intelligence officer, told PRNigeria that troops of the 2I2 Task Force Battalion and the 195 Battalion Jere immediately went into action, killing 16 terrorists.
The source said: “The terrorists attempted to advance from the Chabbal Axis to attack easy targets, but were overpowered and forced to retreat.
“The troops were put on alert as soon as the information arrived. The insurgents came with their arms trucks, but the troops repelled the attack and recovered some of the arms trucks.
“In fact, some of the armed trucks are currently on fire with fighters on board.”
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3D9h
- Ahmadu Bello Foundation condemns the return of bandits to the Abuja-Kaduna highway
- CBN tasks judges on use of technology for effective judicial service delivery
- Nominations extended to December 31 for the IsDB Award for Impactful Achievement in Islamic Economics
- Happiness to Diepsloot marks its 10th anniversary
- Borno IDPs leave camps before government deadline
- ECOWAS Appeal Court may solve problems of disregard – Falana
- Zulum commissions 22 schools and other projects in South Borno
- EFCC prosecutes ABU deputy treasurer for receiving a bribe from N6m
- FCT teachers threaten indefinite strike over salary arrears
- Empowering women in the creative industries: film and media
- JAMB discovers 706,189 illegal admissions offered by university students and others
- Breastfeeding British Lawmaker given parliamentary baby ban
- Prof. Gambari @ 77, gets `Special Recognition’ at FEC
- Wike urges Buhari government to ignore sentiment by establishing more Law School campuses
- Samsung to invest $ 17 billion to build a chip plant in Texas