Defense Headquarters said Operation Hadin Kai troops have, over the past two weeks, eliminated no less than 38 Boko Haram / Islamic States terrorists from West Africa Province, ISWAP , including ISWAP chief Mallam Bako.
DAILY NIgerian had reported on the murder of Mr. Bako, a few days after the murder of his predecessor, Al-Barnawi.
Acting Director of Defense Media Operations Bernard Onyeuko said this while providing an update on armed forces operations across the country between October 14-28 Thursday in Abuja.
Onyeuko added that a total of 11 criminal elements, including terrorists, their informants and logistics providers, were arrested, while five kidnapped civilians were rescued during the operations.
He said troops recovered 29 assorted weapons, 166 rounds of assorted ammunition as well as two armed trucks and 622 bags of fertilizer, used in the production of IEDs.
He added that some of these exploits have been recorded in the villages of Dar, Kumshe, Wulgo, Chabbol and Kijmatari in Borno State as well as in places along the Ngala – Wulgo and Nguru – Kano roads.
Other locations were; The villages of Dikwa and Mafa as well as the village of Ngama in Yobe.
Mr. Onyeuko further said that a total of 1,199 terrorists and their families, including 114 adult men, 312 adult women and 773 children, surrendered to troops at various locations in the northeast between October 15 and October 28. .
He also said that the air component on October 20 dealt another devastating blow to terrorist elements of BHT / ISWAP in Malam Fatori, on the edge of Lake Chad, killing dozens of terrorists.
According to him, the feat was achieved in the wake of a credible intelligence report and after a series of aerial surveys, which confirmed the convergence of terrorist elements in 20 boats at the scene.
“As a result, airstrikes were carried out on the target with various NAF platforms, which led to the destruction of the boats and the neutralization of dozens of terrorists, while few of them fled. messy with varying degrees of injury.
“Likewise, on October 21, the air component engaged the terrorists in successive airstrikes and neutralized scores in Yobe,” he said.
Onyeuko said the Chief of the Naval Staff, Vice Admiral Awwal Gambo, paid an operational visit to the maritime component in Baga on October 19 to further strengthen its operational efforts in the area.
According to Mr. Onyeuko, Mr. Gambo assured the officers and sailors of the Baga naval base of his commitment to ensure that the means and logistics necessary for the effective execution of operations in the northeast are provided to reach the Joint Operational Objectives of the Armed Forces of Nigeria.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3Dyv
- IMF Management Completes First Review of the Staff-Monitored Program with Guinea Bissau
- A child was infected with HIV every two minutes in 2020 – UNICEF
- EndSARS: Sanwo-Olu invites youths for Peace Walk
- 257 projects amounting to over N20b duplicated in 2021 budget- ICPC boss
- No nation can develop without respect for rule of law —- AfDB president
- MTN offers 575m shares at N169 per share
- Police rescue 3 kidnapped persons, recover 3 AK-47 rifles in Zamfara
- ISWAP terrorists flee as Super Tucanos ‘hover’ around Buni Yadi
- Gov. Fintiri dissolves management board of Adamawa United FC
- Three students killed in US high school shooting
- WHO advice for international traffic in relation to the SARS-CoV-2 Omicron variant (B.1.1.529)
- Basic Education Committee comfortable that DBE ready for 2022 academic year
- FirstBank, others partner to reposition non-oil export for economic growth
- Nigeria Machine Tools partners firm to manufacture valves
- New project to drive stability and peace in Central Equatoria launched by trust fund partners