By Olanrewaju Akojede
Taking delivery of the instruments on Wednesday at the club’s secretariat on Funso William Avenue in Surlere, Lagos, Reverend Samuel Ikpea, the national president, said the gift came after his appeal to the donor.
“I spoke with one of our diaspora members on Monday April 12 and complained about the urgent need for trumpets in the club.
“Surprisingly, I got a call from a delivery guy today who told me he had a package for the club; and when he got here, behold, it was six brand new trumpets from him.
“On that note, I want the house to say some words of prayer for him and two of my wonderful members in the United States who have supported this club before now.
“God bless you all my wonderful brothers,” Ikpea said.
Some of the members, who responded to the gesture, prayed that God in His infinite mercy would pour blessings on the donor and other Nigerians in the diaspora who had helped the club.
Public relations manager Dominic Ehimare said: “I am very happy with this gesture from a member of the diaspora.
“This is eloquent testimony to our belief in the leadership of Reverend Ikpea and his current executive.
“Thank you very much. I can assure you that we will deliver and shine as the North Star in our service as patriotic citizens of Nigeria. Thank you for your donations.”
Another wrote on the club’s Whatsapp platform, “NFSC Global”, that “it is certainly the Lord’s doing and it can only be wonderful in our eyes.
“Thank you to our excellent chairman for his good work and, more importantly, to this member for his spontaneous response to such a call.
“May God in his infinite mercy continue to fill your pocket and you will never run out of anything good in your life. ” (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yOX
- Video press release: Weekly press briefing on the coronavirus epidemic
- Coronavirus – Ethiopia: COVID-19 cases reported in Ethiopia (May 12, 2021)
- Marriott International opens 5-star hotel in Lagos
- Coronavirus – South Africa: COVID-19 Statistics in South Africa (May 12, 2021)
- Kogi governor lauds appointment of Obaje as NG-CARES coordinator
- COVID-19: NCDC records 1 death, 44 new infections
- AbdulRazaq appoints 41-year-old multimedia czar as Kwara Tv GM
- Sallah: Gov. Matawalle assures workers of job security
- Company Income Tax increases by N97bn in Q1, 2021- NBS