The statement said the power generated was efficiently transmitted through the nation’s transmission grid at a frequency of 50.26Hz by 8.15pm on the said date.
According to the statement, this milestone in transmission is higher than any peak ever recorded in the nation’s power industry as of date.
It said the new peak surpassed the 5,420.30MW achieved on Aug.18 by 39.20MW.
Abdulaziz attributed the gradual but steady improvement in the quantum of power delivery to collaboration by the sector players.
He added that the unbridled effort by the Federal Government, through the Ministry of Power, in setting the right environment for seamless operations contributed to the feat.
Abdulaziz expressed optimism that stakeholders in the sector would continue to work together toward ensuring the continued increase in the quantum of power available to consumers nationwide.
He noted that the TCN was committed to working with the generation and distribution companies to ensure sustained improvement in the sector for the benefit of the nation.
Edited By: Chinyere Joel-Nwokeoma
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3w3f
- Popular OAP Lolo 1 and her children survive car accident
- Burna Boy’s ‘Ye’ certified Gold in the U. S.
- Airport flyover rehabilitation begins, FG awards contract
- WHO publishes recommendation on maximum salt levels in foods
- Lagos places 4,000 unemployed graduates on N40,000 monthly salary
- FIFA and Gianni Infantino welcome the decision of the Swiss Federal Criminal Court to challenge the extraordinary federal prosecutor
- NDLEA arrests grandma, granddaughter with 192kg cocaine in Ondo
- Engineers laud FG, Lagos Govt. high on infrastructure delivery
- AstraZeneca Africa PUMUA Initiative celebrates World Asthma Day with delivery of the first PUMUA nebulization stations in 4 countries