Nigeria, Cote d’Ivoire to deepen bilateral relations
NNN: The Nigerian Midstream and Downstream Petroleum Regulatory Authority (NMDPRA) and Ivorian National Bureau of Technical Studies and Development (BNEDTD) are collaborating to foster bi-lateral relations between both countries.
The Authority Chief Executive of NMDPRA, Mr Farouk Ahmed, made this known when he received a delegation from the Ivorian organisation, BNEDTD, in Abuja.
The delegation was led by Mr Koue Alphonse, Ambassador, Director of Economic Intelligence and Monitoring Evaluation, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Cote d’ Ivoire
Ahmed, in a statement on Friday said that the strategic goals of the authority were to attract investment, expand oil and gas infrastructure and make Nigeria a regional hub while impacting the global market.
He encouraged Cote’d Ivoire to take advantage of investment opportunities in the Nigerian energy industry made available through the implementation of the Petroleum Industry Act (PIA) to promote economic growth and sustainable development.
“Some of these investment opportunities include supply of LNG, propane and butane to Cote`d Ivoire and other ECOWAS Countries,” he said.
Ahmed assured the team that the NMDPRA would support and encourage investment in infrastructure, gas refining and transportation.
Earlier, Alphonse said the purpose of the visit was to understudy the operational system in the midstream and downstream sector with a view to expanding and enhancing areas of cooperation between both countries.
The engagement gave an insight on the workings of the regulatory institutions in the Nigerian energy sector and explored ways to widen and enhance areas of further cooperation between both countries.
- Enugu govt. appoints Ihuoma Eze, acting coordinator of APPEALS World Bank project
- Roadmap for new NNPC hinges on PIA – Okadigbo
- Sallah: Presidency condemn attack on President Buhari’s advance team in Katsina
- My alleged suspension over alleged financial impropriety a huge joke-PDP chairman
- We must appreciate our history to develop as a nation – History Teacher
- Bandits burn down 2 health centres, shut 69 others in Katsina— official
- Police confirm killing of area commander by bandits in Katsina
- UN chief welcomes ECOWAS resolutions on Mali, commends Goodluck Jonathan
- NAOWA gifts food items, medicine, others to widows of fallen soldiers in Imo
- PDP’ll participate in Ebonyi July LG polls- Party Chairman
- Breaking: Sporadic gunshots, bomb blast heard near Kuje Prison
- Gunmen kill police inspector, abduct Chinese national in Kwara
- Gender-based, income inequalities fuelling teen pregnancies in developing countries – UNFPA
- My removal did not follow due process, says Sacked Abia LG boss
- NADCEL: Army Chief, Yahaya, bags chieftaincy title in Imo
- Don calls for inter-agency collaboration to tackle insecurity
- PVCs: Group sensitises FCT women
- Army inaugurates classroom blocks, science laboratory in Imo
- Naira falls again to dollar at Investors, Exporters window
- COVID-19 vaccine trains immune system to create antibodies, says NPHCDA Boss