By Ijeoma Okigbo
“First of all, I congratulate Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo for delivering on his promise of a successful festival, while I challenge other states to provide the same facilities to their people.
“Second, I am very proud of what I see here in Edo. The facilities here can be used to host any international event.
“With the way I see this infrastructure, I’m tempted to think that we have no more challenges for an international competition.
“We can successfully host the African Games in Nigeria with infrastructure like this.
“I want to challenge other state governments to do the same and put in place good facilities, infrastructure like this at least in every state capital,” he said.
Dalung revealed that he was in Benin at the personal invitation of Governor Obaseki to attend the closing ceremony of the festival.
The 20th NSF, which began on April 2, ends Wednesday. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yOK
- Again FCTA cancels Eid-il-Fitr public prayer – NEWS AGENCY OF NIGERIA
- COVID-19: FG imposes midnight curfew, reintroduces ban on mass gathering
- Stolen artifacts: Oba of Benin disowns impostors
- C/River to deploy drones for medical supplies – Ayade
- Karate Federation to attend Olympic qualifiers in Paris
- Maiden Davnotch Tennis Championship attracts 300 athletes
- Fans react as Davido ‘spanks’ daughter, Hailey for twerking
- Eid-el-Fitr: FRSC deploys 1,820 personnel in Kano State
- Ramadan: Tambuwal urges Islamic scholars to continue praying for Nigeria, Buhari