NYCN President, Mr Solomon Adado made the call on Thursday in an interview with News Agency of Nigeria in Abuja in commemoration of the 60th independence anniversary of the country.
He said that Nigerian youths must join hands with President Muhammadu Buhari to build the “Nigeria of our dreams”.
Adado said that youths must come to a consciousness that they have a role to play in national development through their intellectual prowess, innovation, and inventions.
“We should maintain patriotism, fight for one cause, and put Nigeria first; we should imbibe the spirit of national unity and go for one quest – the development of our country.
“Let’s put aside all sorts of differences, whether ethnocentric or religious differences; let us realise that everyone is important and play our roles diligently and sincerely put Nigeria first.
“The NYCN urges all Nigerian youths to join hands with all true patriots to build a great Nigeria of our dreams and a nation that we can hold our heads high in the comity of nations.
“A Nigeria that can stand shoulders high when it comes to issues of economic growth and development; it is possible, and it is youths that should be the driving force of this new Nigeria of our dreams,” he said.
Adado advised youths to leverage on the economic incentives of the Buhari administration and the ‘Not Too Young To Run’ Act for leadership positions and national growth.
“We thank the President for his firm belief in the Nigerian youths; you can see that most of the policies of the government are tilted toward putting youths atvthe driver’s seats.
“Recently we have seen releases of various kinds of funds, business interventions, the NIRSAL loan, intervention funds and so on and so forth; and more recently, we have also had the N75 billion Nigerian Youth Investment Fund,” he added.
The NYCN was established in 1964, as the umbrella body and mouthpiece of Nigerian youths.
Edited By: Chioma Ugboma/ Ali Baba-Inuwa
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3uQn
- Buhari tasks spiritual leaders to mobilise followers against crimes
- Rain halts Djokovic’s defeat in Rome as Nadal gains revenge over Zverev
- Eid-el-Fitr: FCT fun seekers call for more recreation spots
- LIVE NOW: Rugby Africa Sevens Solidarity Camp: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel – Day 4
- COVID-19 new wave: Bayelsa imposes fresh curfew
- UN chief calls on all parties to cease fighting in Gaza, Israel
- ICPC fugitive is not Buhari’s inlaw – Presidency
- Customs confirms 3 dead in Iseyin clash with smugglers
- Nollywood produces 416 movies in Q1, 2021-NBS