The appointment is announced in a statement by Bello’s chief press secretary Ms Mary Noel-Berje to Minna on Wednesday.
Bello congratulated Gunna, who is also the Dan Majen Kagara.
The Nigeria News Agency (NAN) reports that the appointment of the new emir follows the death of former emir Alhaji Salihu Kagara on March 1 after a long illness in Minna, the state capital after 39 years on the throne.
Bello described the nomination as well deserved, adding that his nomination by the kingmakers sets him apart as one with the royal pedigree to awaken the emirate to greatness.
He expressed the belief that as a reputable professional and civil servant, the new emir has the ability to build on the legacy of his predecessors by preserving the sanctity of the traditional institution.
Bello told the new emir that he was ascending to the throne at a critical time of insecurity in his field and urged him to use his rich experience in working with relevant stakeholders to bring lasting peace to the region.
He called on the people of the emirate of Kagara to support the new emir to bring harmony and peaceful coexistence towards the socio-economic development of the region in particular and the state in general.
Gunna obtained the most votes in the election recently concluded by the Kagara Emirate Electoral College and was later declared the winner.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yFA
- NWFL Super Six: Sunshine Queens, Bayelsa Queens, draw 1-1
- Food security: the group trains 100 young Ebonyi in agro-industry
- What the domestic leagues will look like if the Super League 12 are sent off
- Congress: INEC reads anti-riot act to political parties on violence
- Osinbajo charges US on net zero emissions and access to COVID-19 vaccine
- Gasoline: no increase in the ex-depot price in May – NNPC Gasoline
- Financial autonomy: governments and stakeholders reach agreement
- British government. launches football review after Super League fury
- Lagos will create an anti-corruption commission