Urgent Northern Governors By Martha Agas
The Northern Governors Forum urged Acting Inspector General of Police Usman Baba to take proactive steps to tackle crime in the country.
The governor of Plateau said the forum would give Baba all the necessary support to enable him to provide the leadership needed to implement proactive policing for the safety of life and property.
He said President Muhammadu Buhari‘s appointment of Baba was well deserved, given his track record of diligent service to the nation, in various police formations across the country.
He said: “As governors of the North, we remain committed to community policing and any other measure that will lead to securing our region which has been plagued by various forms of insecurity.
“We must work together to adopt new measures that will allow us to overcome these challenges and stay on top of the situation by preventing criminals from carrying out their nefarious activities.”
Lalong said the forum was particularly concerned that many farmers in the area were discouraged from cultivating their farms due to criminal activity.
The chairman of the forum urged the police chief to end banditry, kidnappings and insurgencies in the country.
He wished Baba a successful mandate and called on Nigerians to support him and the entire security architecture of the country for a more secure nation. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yIy
- $540bn remittance flow reaches low-and-middle-income countries in 2020- WB
- Arsenal dent Chelsea’s Champions League push
- Kalu salutes Ekweremadu at 59
- NECO: 115 inmates credit English, Maths in Enugu
- Infinix Releases Award Winning NOTE 10 Pro Series Powerful Performance. Iconic design
- Eid-el-fitr: Yahaya Bello calls for national integration
- Eid el-Fitr; Atiku wants Nigerians reflect on peace, unity
- Osinbajo graces Museveni’s inauguration in Kampala
- Managing mental health conditions among army officers