Urgent Northern Governors By Martha Agas
The Northern Governors Forum urged Acting Inspector General of Police Usman Baba to take proactive steps to tackle crime in the country.
The governor of Plateau said the forum would give Baba all the necessary support to enable him to provide the leadership needed to implement proactive policing for the safety of life and property.
He said President Muhammadu Buhari‘s appointment of Baba was well deserved, given his track record of diligent service to the nation, in various police formations across the country.
He said: “As governors of the North, we remain committed to community policing and any other measure that will lead to securing our region which has been plagued by various forms of insecurity.
“We must work together to adopt new measures that will allow us to overcome these challenges and stay on top of the situation by preventing criminals from carrying out their nefarious activities.”
Lalong said the forum was particularly concerned that many farmers in the area were discouraged from cultivating their farms due to criminal activity.
The chairman of the forum urged the police chief to end banditry, kidnappings and insurgencies in the country.
He wished Baba a successful mandate and called on Nigerians to support him and the entire security architecture of the country for a more secure nation. (NOPE)
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yIy
- FRSC solicits motorists’ support to minimise crashes
- Rugby Africa Women’s Sevens Solidarity Camp Tunis – Final report of the two-day tournament
- Neymar extends PSG deal until 2025
- Ogun Govt., Private Firms Empower 100 Youths
- Coronavirus – Nigeria: COVID-19 case update (May 8, 2021)
- Okowa mourns ex-minister Aisha Alhassan
- Ogun Govt. Re-Affirms Commitment To Boost Agric Sector
- UNIBEN warns admission seekers against racketeers
- Video press release: Rugby Africa 7-a-side solidarity camp – Day 2: All matches will be broadcast live Saturday and Sunday on Rugby Africa’s Facebook page and Rugby Africa’s YouTube channel