The Franco-German was appointed in August 2016 on a four-year contract, and has since then led the Super Eagles to the 2018 World Cup in Russia and a Third Place finish at the Egypt 2019 AFCON.
Ibitoye added that the insinuations were the handiwork of mischief makers.
“All the news about Rohrs contract and conditions are fake news, some of them just sit down and concoct lies.
“These generation of journalists are funny, on the Rohrs contract, the writer just sits down to write his opinion and pass it as news. There is nothing about contract talk.
“There is nothing like stringent condition over Rohrs contract; what we are looking forward to now is Jan. 20, when the draw for the World Cup qualifiers will be made.
“Presently, Rohr is in Madagascar on vacation with his family and after that, the work will start in earnest, all the news about him is unnecessary distraction,’’he said.
Ibitoye said that the team was expecting to begin preparations for the World Cup qualifiers expected to take place on Jan. 20.
“We should not allow distraction to affect our preparations toward the World Cup qualifiers, if we allow such, Nigerians will not forgive us because football is a big relief to many.
“We want to focus on the strategies to employ for the qualification matches, because after the draw for the World Cup qualification in January the work will start in earnest.
“We have to look out for our opponents, their strength and weaknesses, our players and where we will play our home matches. We will also know the type of field that we are playing on.
“We are not praying for an easy group so that we will not be complacent, we want a group that will put us on our toes, because only one team will make it to the next round,’’he added.
Edited by: Emmanuel Okara/Maharazu Ahmed
- Soludo orders immediate release of abducted lawmaker, aide
- Obi to PDP delegates: Vote for your children’s future, not money
- NEITI presents global open government partnership award to Buhari
- Obanikoro has not stepped down and ‘ll not – Campaign organisation
- Ondo govt affirms reward for outstanding athletes
- Community leader cries out for rural development, assures residents of inclusive leadership
- NUJ, NAWOJ seek Boy Child protection, reorientation
- Karine Jean-Pierre assumes duty as new White House press secretary
- Troops eliminate 4 IPOB/ESN gunmen in Imo – Army
- EFCC arrests Accountant-General of the Federation over N80bn fraud
- Enang resigns appointment to pursue gubernatorial ambition
- We need system that puts workers’ interest on front burner — Labour
- Sir Ahmadu Bello Foundation calls on FG, ASUU to quickly reach common ground
- Troops kill 4 gunmen, recover weapons in Imo – Army
- FG to resume Abuja-Kaduna train service May 23
- South Africa: Minister Pandor to speak at two events in Cape Town marking the AU’s 20th anniversary
- U.S. Embassy announces 2022 Mandela Washington Fellows
- U.S., Benin, Niger Make Progress on Strengthening Cross-Border Transportation
- 6 suspected IPOB members killed during attack on Eze’s palace – Imo PPR
- UN chief condemns racist attack in New York
- ECOWAS Commission presents 2022 Audit Report, recounts successes
- UNSMIL Statement on Armed Clashes in Janzour, Tripoli
- COVID-19 RPSF: 560 rural famers to receive free farm inputs in Kogi
- 2023: Tambuwal assures Nigerians of good governance, national unity
- U.S. Embassy organizes Forensic Disciplines Exchange in Mauritius
- Woman, 40, bags 12 years imprisonment for defrauding Deeper Life Church
- APC clears 12 Benue aspirants for guber primaries
- Press Release Regarding the Presidential Elections in Somalia
- UN chief welcomes peaceful elections in Somalia
- Volleyball: NVBF urges private sector to sponsor federation activities
- Involving men in tackling gender-based violence in Uganda
- Desist from adding chemicals to food, NAFDAC warns
- Police in Ogun nab armed man on his way to rob
- Review salaries, emoluments of political office holders downwards, expert urges RMAFC
- Almost One Billion Children and Adults with Disabilities and Older Persons in Need of Assistive Technology Denied Access, According to New Report
- AFI week: Minister canvasses efficient air transport system for Africa
- Ondo SDP closes ranks, elects new executives
- TCN energises Odukpani – Ikot Ekpene 330KV transmission line
- Court remands unemployed man for alleged armed robbery
- Pope jokes ‘a little tequila’ would ease his knee pain
- 10 million people at risk of hunger in northern Africa
- Ibadan Poly management suspends examinations over students’ protest
- Osun State University set to join ASUU strike
- APICORP announces Leadership Change
- African Energy Chamber, S&P Global to Host Technical Webinar Ahead of AEW 2022
- NDLEA to partner NCWS to check drug abuse among women
- NIEEE confers 20 members as fellows, demands greater commitment
- Patronise made in Nigeria products to create jobs-NOA
- Commonwealth Signs MoU with the International Islamic Trade Finance Corporation
- Cash-strapped Sri Lanka out of petrol