The new executive authority, which consists of the Council of the Presidency and the Government of National Unity, was sworn in at an official session of Parliament.
In a speech during the session, Aguila Saleh, Speaker of the House of Representatives, urged the new executive authority to spare no effort to achieve national reconciliation, improve the country’s economy and prepare for the elections. which will be held later this year.
Moahmmed Menfi has been appointed President of the Presidency Council along with the new Prime Minister Abdul Hamid Dbeibah.
Dbeibah’s government won the confidence of the House of Representatives on March 10.
The main task of the new government is to hold general elections on December 24, as agreed by the LPDF. (Xinhua / NAN)
I like loading …
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3yja
- Women’s rugby action resumes in Uganda
- Kwara Govt welcomes 129 doctors, others
- Customs strike force intercepts 513 bags of foreign rice
- NABDA partner ABU on genetically improved maize
- Senate seeks more incentives for new entrants to cement production
- The FG reaffirms its commitment to the growth of MSMEs to stimulate GDP
- AU mourns ousted Chadian President Deby Mourning
- CBN urges banks to support businesses seeking expansion
- Lawan praises a harmonious relationship between the arms of government