The Nigeria Center for Disease Control, NCDC, revealed this on its website Tuesday morning.
The 711 new cases reported on Monday indicate an increase from the 165 previously reported cases in the country.
The center also recorded two deaths, noting that the number of deaths from the virus in the country now stands at 2,884.
According to the agency, Delta recorded 508, Plateau-41, Rivers-40, FCT-32, Enugu-24, Lagos-19 and Imo-16.
The others are Cross River-nine, Ekiti-nine, Abia-four, Benue-three, Kano-three, while Bauchi, Bayelsa and Ogun each recorded one.
The NCDC, however, noted that the report includes: 508 confirmed cases reported by Delta were in arrears from July 27 to October 13.
He also said 19 confirmed cases reported in Lagos state were on October 24 and 25.
The agency also noted that 41 confirmed cases were reported on the Plateau on October 24 and 25.
The center said Nigeria currently has 5,613 active cases with 202,674 released.
The center said more than 3,298,966 million samples had been tested from the country’s roughly 200 million people.
NCDC noted that a multisectoral National Emergency Operations Center (COU), activated at Level II, continued to coordinate national response activities.
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-3Dr3
- Joint Standing Committee on Defence calls for accountability on 1 Military Hospital refurbishment programme
- 5 cases of Omicron variant confirmed in New York state: governor
- Buhari mourns Kano kingmaker, Mukhtar Adnan
- Inauguration of youth dialogue would strengthen S/Africa-Nigeria leadership – Envoy
- Finland opens embassies in Dakar and Doha
- Lawmaker says intense sensitisation required to increase vaccination rate in W/Africa
- Eastern African Standby Force (EASF) Director pays courtesy call on Principal Secretary for Foreign Affairs
- All proceedings concerning Mali and Guinea suspended: an obstruction of justice for victims of human rights violations
- Uganda ready to implement new secondary curriculum
- Tigray conflict: UN experts call for urgent action to stop violence against women
- N4.4trn debt: Some prominent Nigerians delaying AMCON’s recovery effort, Senate raises alarm
- IMF Staff Reaches Staff-Level Agreement on an Extended Credit Facility Arrangement with Zambia
- Discrimination of people with disability: Envoy calls for policy review
- Man allegedly steals Domino Pizza’s delivery motorcycle
- Absence of Evans’ counsel stalls trial