Dr Mohammed Alkali, NEDC Managing Director, made the disclosure at the inauguration of the exercise at Umaru Shehu Specialist Hospital, Maiduguri.
Alkali disclosed that the exercise would be conducted under its Medical Outreach Scheme, designed to enhance healthcare service delivery and improvement of the well being of persons affected by the conflict in the state.
He said the exercise would be conducted in collaboration with Borno state Government, Pro-Health International Africa (PHIA) and West African College of Surgeons (WACS).
The director bemoaned the death of health facilities ravaged by 10-years insurgency, adding that the trend prevented people from accessing quality services.
“The situation is overwhelming, we are working to mitigate the gaps in the demand for healthcare services in the state,” he said.
According to him, the commission is working to enhance access to healthcare services through rehabilitation of facilities destroyed by insurgents.
Also speaking, Iko Ibanga, Executive Director of the PHIA, disclosed that a total of 1, 197 patients had so far been examined for diagnosis, consultancy, dental, eye and general surgeries in the exercise.
Ibanga explained that about 76 surgeries such as hernia and appendicitis were conducted.
“We also recorded 592 pharmacy patients; 795 consulting services, 48 eye surgeries and 73 patients examined and recommended for eye glasses.
“Others include, 81 dental patients, 199 eye care, 12 referrals and 288 laboratory test were done successfully,” he said.
Ibanga identified overwhelming number of people at the centre and presentation of patients with multiple eye surgeries as some of the challenges facing the exercise.
He, however, commended the state government over the deployment of health personnel, provision of vehicles and logistics to facilitate smooth conduct of the exercise.
Edited By: Rabiu Sani Ali
|1||IMG_ (Phone/Email) _095051||508 KB||0|
Short Link: https://wp.me/pcj2iU-30QA
- How seamless payment experiences make retail brands more valuable and relevant (By Gilbert Lungu)
- Binance To Host Its First Offline Event In Cameroon
- Coronavirus – Uganda: Tackle the misinformation about Covid-19 Vaccination in Acholi
- Nigerian Air Force’s Super Tucano jet destroy ISWAP armoury, training bases in Lake Chad
- Deputy Chief Maybury Supports the 16 Days Campaign and World AIDS Day on ELBC Radio
- Akeredolu won’t allow workers enjoy Christmas – Ondo PDP Alleges
- Bill to regulate administration of sports mooted
- Compact: African Development Bank and IFC Partner to Advance Economic Development in Lusophone African countries
- Lagos govt explains why Nigerian Army intervened during EndSARS protests
- N15 bn cocoa processing plant begins operation in Ondo
- Fighting against drought-induced hunger: FAO provides rural households in Somalia with cash livestock and agricultural support
- ABU, CBN develop national farmers’ database
- Nigerian Navy arrests 5 stowaways at Lagos anchorage
- Woodside Energy Confirms Participation at MSGBC Oil, Gas & Power 2021
- After media reports, Kano govt unseals chamber of lawyer who secures victory against Ganduje-led APC